Long Travel Kits

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am looking to buy a bolt-in long travel kit for a 1992 Chevy Longbed 2wd and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what type of kit to get. I'm new to prerunners and no one around Massachusetts does anything with them so I have to go with info off of the net. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Steve_HKmtrsprts

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CSTLT03.html?id=Xm7d8Hg9>http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CSTLT03.html?id=Xm7d8Hg9</A>

I had it on a Chevy I had a few years back and loved it. I also had dual Fox's off the upper arm.

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>

rdc

It doesn't say on the site what you get for travel out of it. Do you know about what you get? Thanks for the help, Mike

Littlenutts

I think that Kartek has it as 13 inc of travel . Nice kit thought. Jason LaFortune @ TMR just did one and it came out really nice. Dual Bilstines off of the upper. NICE!

They are REAL!

TDORSloppy

You get about 11-12" of travel with the CST kit. It's 2.5" wider per side and looks bitchen on a std cab long bed Chevy. Heres a pic.

rdc

Whos maroon chevy is that? What kind of shocks is it running? Is the rear stock?

blind655

I agree that the CST kit is good kit and strong. I havent had any problems with it in the 2 years i have had it on the truck. Pretty much for us 88'-98'chevy guys you have to go with the CST or go custom.

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

Steve_HKmtrsprts

If your talking about the pic I posted it was my truck. It was blue. But it had a 2.5 King through the coil bucket a Sway-A-Way airbump on the side of the bucket. The rear had Deavers with Ranchos so it was pretty stock in the rear. But the front handled pretty good for what it was.

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>