Long Travel Maintenance

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
What kind of maintenance is required for bolt on long travel kits? What is needed to prevent the urethane bushings from getting ripped to shreds? How often do arms need to be taken off and greased up?

Thanks

Jordan

Reaction
I have had the Camburg LT kit for over a year now and love it. I have over 50 desert trips on the truck since I purchased the kit and its time for new bushings. I haven't experienced any problems but the truck is starting to make some squeeling noises and most of the grease around the bushings looks to be gone. Not bad for over a years worth of abuse. I would really like to see some of the shop owners answer your question though. People that make the kits should reply and let the consumers of their products know what maintenance should be.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I have had my TC Caddy kit for over a year now and I have not had the arms off one time for anything lol..and thats with going to some sort of desert almost every weekend with it.

Sure it squeaks but you get used to it. An upgrade you can do so the bushings last longer and make no noise is have them all replaced with Delron. Its a bit of $$$ but it would be worth it. When I ever take my arms off I will be replacing them with Delron.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
how are the steering heims holding up on the tc kit for you? do you have the heims?

chad gilbert
1992 toyota

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I have 100% stock steering (have the steering extenders) and I have not had one part of that apart yet or had any problems with that and I have been running 35's for a while now too.

The idler arm is warn out right now and I need to replace that but thats it.

Go Big Or Go Home

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
My arms are home made but use urethane upper and lowers with heims on the inners and outers. Over a year and no wear problems, I work construction and it sees dirt daily. I put aprox 40k plus miles per year, mark almost every MDR course. It sees a lot of abuse. I do ocationally remove the heims and clean and lube them. Ditto on the delrin.

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
Where do you get these custom delrin bushings? How do you make one? Turn them on some sort of lathe or something?

1992f150

Reaction
you can turn them on a lathe, not sure who sells them.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

blind655

Reaction
check back with the company that made your kit. I called CST for my kit and they made a replacement set in delrin.. just a thought

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Duffco will make a Delron bushing for whatever you need.

Go Big Or Go Home

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
speaking of turning down stuff i work at a machine shop and my friends at work have helpped me out alot. They tell me to tell anyone and everyone they will do any lathe work and mill work you would like if its not to difficult. just let that be known and im sure they wont ream you either cause they usually work on the stuff during work time so. theres the offer.\
Gregg

Tim

Reaction
you can get a 2 inch or whatever o.d. pole you need in whatever feet you need of delron. Then you just turn out what size you want. Pretty easy and the delron is cheap, I got 3 feet for 25 bucks. Turning them out right now. Just make sure that the sleeves are a little bit longer than the bushings so the bolt is tightened down on the sleeve and not the plastic. Tim