Long Travel Prerunner/Sandrail

RRose

Reaction
alright guys.... I'm in the market for a long travel prerunner/sandrail. A dual purpose car. Has to be a V8 (preferably a LS1) and at least 18" of travel on all 4 corners. I am looking at the Buckshot, Allstar, and Potter Productions buggies. What else is out there? Give me your vote for best prerunner/sandrail.... and include pictures or web address'.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Suspensions Unlimited can make a more Off-Road style car. Also Funco makes an Off-road style car. Sandco performance is another. There is also the Robby Gordan cars and Alumicraft. Jerry Penhall has a bad ass car he is working on right now to bring to the sand sports show.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I second the alumicraft cars. Nye Frank was supposed to start some cars but I haven't heard from them in a while.

RRose

Reaction
Ya Jordan.... Rhi told me about the Amplified Performance buggies....

Thanks Jerry.... now I have a ton of companies to compare.

desertracer

Reaction
I would say Alumicraft if you want something that will soak up the desert and allow you to ride in style out at the dunes. I saw Ben Schlime's old car and that had to be one of the nicest ones I have seen yet, it had a 4.3 v-6 in it. The Allstar that they have out at Katek with the ls1 looks pretty nice and seems like it has the strength to handle the desert. I am pretty sure Jimco will build you a custom 4 seater if you want the best that will handle the desert but it will probably cost you a bit more than the others. As a matter of fact I think there is a 4 seat Jimco for sale in the dusty times(maybe a few months ago) but it only had a type 4 in it I think. Does anybody know what type of car the Wilson's are using for their new pre-runner-its a 4 seat A-arm car, looks like an alumicraft but I'm not sure?

FOR SALE (7/5/03) : Alumicraft 2002 4 seat Pre-runner
Alumicraft 2002 4 seat Pre-runner with best of everything, just serviced for new season by Alumicraft. 400 hp V8 built Northstar with less than 10 hours. Very fast and reliable. Serious inquiries only please.
Contact e-mail mark@tyrmotorsports.com or call 760-787-1737
MIght want to give this one a try- its an older add from go-desert but they might still have it.

4 seater for sale

Attachments

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
I've had 3 Alumicraft's with a fourth one almost completed and I can't say enough about the quality and performance they provide.The new 4 seater has a LS1 with a Fortin 4 speed with the wide gears with 20" up front and 22" in the rear.Larry Stork who works out of Stewarts Race Works built a one of a kind aluminum body for it that will blow your doors off.Also you can't beat the resale value on a Alumicraft as I sold every one for more money than I had in them and that's why I kept building new one's each year.The only bad part is the long waiting list.

michael_loomis

Reaction
definately talk to john cooley (alumicraft) his work is TOP NOTCH and his cars WORK !!!!

DG_BTI

Reaction
I will also vote Alumicraft. Steve is right about resale, I sold mine to Ben Schlime for more than I had into it after driving it for a season and then Ben sold it for more than he paid me. It's a first class car and company.

Bonzen

Reaction
I would listen to the racers on here Ry...they are the ones with the most sandrail seat time experiance and the guys that have actually tested these things over and over again.

-Ryan

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
ALUMICRAFT!!!!!!!

A picture's worth a thousand words....

DMSRACE

Reaction
I would say to try Lothringer...he is finishing up a LT car for Brian Logan (1600 driver) with a 4.3 and all the good stuff.. 909-596-4076

KD

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Jeez Ryan, is there anything that you are not in the market for? First a new Super Duty and now a sandrail, I want your job! Keep up the good work and keep posting pics of all your new toys!

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
I'll vouch forALLSTAR,yes they are a new name, but just the name.Dan the fabricator has built more sand cars that alot of people.(Extreme Performance)the quality of those cars are great.Now he's building his own the way he wants-offroad. Alumicraft no doubt has the best reputation and for good reason.If your serious I highly recommend stopping in Temecula to look at Allstar,You'll at least see for yourself what you think of the quality,not hearsay.

JPDesertsports

Reaction
Wilsons car is an Alumicraft. Real nice piece. Part of me still loves the Blazer though.

-JJ

TDORSloppy

Reaction
If you want to see or buy an Allstar car, the one here in Kartek is for sale. Brand new LS1, Mendeola trans, King C/O & bypass per corner, very well designed car. Al is asking $68K for it but it's probably "O.B.O." like everything else. Come check it out at least, I really want to put your truck where it is!