Longest Baja 1000 Race Ironman effort overall and modern era?

landshark

Reaction
This might be some obscure trivia, but interested in knowing who might have successfully finished a Baja 1000 race with the most seat time in a four wheel vehicle.

I am interested in someone driving the entire race who finished under the time limit but used most of the allotted time. Assume this will be someone who did a peninsula run, assume the courses have gotten rougher and less direct over the years and thus time limits will be a bit longer after 1990’s.

Fourstroker

Reaction

desertracer

Reaction
His 2007 solo thread...

brad inch

Reaction
there was a 9 car that raced at snore close to the 2000 and was told it was 3/4 inch to long,they cut a inch out of it,went to the race,something happen early,the driver said he was not getting out till he got back in the lead, i forgot allot of the story but he drove forever,does anyone know more about this??

landshark

Reaction
Wait...I thought an iron man couldn't had to be solo?

Well I think the terminology was being used as Ironman being a single person in the vehicle without a passenger and solo as a single driver with a passenger(s). But whatever the terminology people need to use. I am interested in an individual weather alone or with passenger in a 4 wheeled vehicle without handle bars.

43mod

Reaction
Not an ironman just a long day . 2014 trophy lite . Not a perfect run but damn close for us. Would love to try it again . Open sportsman truck . I was supposed to drive to rm 1020 . I wanted to do 1000 miles . N 2 driver was mia at 2 am so i kept going . They stuck my raptor in a dry tidal flat north of scorpion bay, same flat i chose to backbtrack out of in the race truck and take the longer safe route 😊 . When you see a stuck utv its time to rethink your path

landshark

Reaction
Not an ironman just a long day . 2014 trophy lite . Not a perfect run but damn close for us. Would love to try it again . Open sportsman truck . I was supposed to drive to rm 1020 . I wanted to do 1000 miles . N 2 driver was mia at 2 am so i kept going . They stuck my raptor in a dry tidal flat north of scorpion bay, same flat i chose to backbtrack out of in the race truck and take the longer safe route . When you see a stuck utv its time to rethink your path

Got it. Yes if I see more than one stuck UTV it’s definitely time to take a mental pause but as we are 4wd I don’t get overly concerned.

Now in a trophy light. Totally understand.

Those tidal flats can get super sketchy if you stray outside the lane.