• Forum membership has its advantages....

Longevity plasma cutter?

Hey guys, posted this in the wrong section earlier, now I'll post it to the right one lol

Anyone here use a LONGEVITY plasma cutter before? I need a plasma cutter and do not want to spend an arm and a leg. Any feedback on this company and there plasma cutters?
As far as I can tell, they offer the best price and warranty on the net, but will it do what I need it to do without any problems? Is the company reputable? I have not dealt with them before, so I was hoping to pull some feedback from someone else on this company. Thanks for the help.

burninfuel

I'll go with the Everlast IGBT inverter tech. $500 to your doorstep and works flawlessly.
Why blow .070 " of molten metal when this is only .011" I think it's 70 watts and will do 3/4" plate.
anything and everything has been easy.
Told a fabricator and he bought one and has it in his CNC track torch and cuts plates clean and easy and fills in the gaps with tabs to use up his plate. No clean up on the parts cut.
Hope you will check this one out and a five year warranty. Looks like Millers and Lincoln have gone this way lately

justin_mx

I'll go with the Everlast IGBT inverter tech. $500 to your doorstep and works flawlessly.
Why blow .070 " of molten metal when this is only .011" I think it's 70 watts and will do 3/4" plate.
anything and everything has been easy.
Told a fabricator and he bought one and has it in his CNC track torch and cuts plates clean and easy and fills in the gaps with tabs to use up his plate. No clean up on the parts cut.
Hope you will check this one out and a five year warranty. Looks like Millers and Lincoln have gone this way lately
Where can you get the Everlast for $500 shipped to your door? I have search for a little while and came up with nothing close to that. Might be interested in one for $500, especially with that 5 year warranty

burninfuel

price is up but is sold at all the main stores, Sears, home depot
and consumables are cheap, 50 pieces $18 still on my original for 2 years plus

Brian Dobroth

at our shop we have a esab power cut 875 and the units probably coming on 8-10 years old and runs like new. just replace the torch parts (tip nozzle and sometimes the cup) and your golden. Other then that very little issues.. only minor hiccups in the beginning.