• Forum membership has its advantages....

Look what I found! 2001 Mini Metal Bash - SCORE Primm 300 VIDEO

Curtis Guise

Administrator
I finally found this on one of my old backup hard drives and put it on YouTube. This was filmed in 2001 at the SCORE Primm race. All of the 7s racers got together and created the Mini Metal Bash. Billy Haendiges produced the show and Bob Bower was the host. I edited the footage all day as the shooters brought in their tapes during the race and finished it just in time to show at the awards ceremony that same night.

Enjoy!
[video=youtube;152eVmeb-H4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=152eVmeb-H4[/video]

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
That's rad. I've never seen that. I'm good friends with Doug S and Sean Giradono. It's funny that in the vid Sean is working on Dougs truck (winning s10) and now a days Doug is working on and driving Sean truck (7200).

Good ol days

Byrdracing

Wow, Glad to see it surface after 10 years. I saw it at the awards after the race and this video is what we need to help get this class back on the map.
Curtis, you the man!!!
From what I remember, York/Custer was killing it before they broke....
This event is what motivated me to build a new 7s truck, I actually order the tubing after this race and started the build the next week.
Go 7s!!!!!!!!!!!

dislocated1

How about footage from the pool party after the race? I was part of the team with 726 DMS, we made it to mm5 ish... but won the pool party race! Man that was a long time ago!

JasonHutter

First race we ever finished with a checkered flag within the time limit!! 7th out of 21 I think that took the green flag!

Jason

PS. Thanks for posting this up Curtis!! I think I still have my VHS copy of this around somewhere!

tpatkins

Cool blast from the past Curtis, thanks for sharing.

Random Thoughts Racing

Great find! The 1st truck off the line (Jeremy Johnson) is now the Rose Racing truck piloted by Robbie Cockrell that just won the SNORE Midnight special.

dmscrewchief

Man I haven't thought of that race or the Pool Party in a long time ! even though we broke early it was a good time! Good to see the video again
How about footage from the pool party after the race? I was part of the team with 726 DMS, we made it to mm5 ish... but won the pool party race! Man that was a long time ago!

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Man I haven't thought of that race or the Pool Party in a long time ! even though we broke early it was a good time! Good to see the video again
wasnt this the beginning of the long run of blown motors? That truck was a rocket, i miss it :/