look what i just got!..old school Class 1!

mosebilt

Reaction
single seat, rear engine Ford/C4 auto to "z" drive to independant rear...SO COOL!..hauls ass, handles great!..might keep, might sell..gonna do mild updates..

Attachments

oldschool5er

Reaction
Unique and special, This is really cool. A whole lotta Love went into that. And to think it was a Ball Joint with beefed up long trailing arm design up front what da ya know.. This is a Norra candidate car for sure other than all the custom parts on it that could get damaged. Have Vildosola's inquired about it?

mosebilt

Reaction
Unique and special, This is really cool. A whole lotta Love went into that. And to think it was a Ball Joint with beefed up long trailing arm design up front what da ya know.. This is a Norra candidate car for sure other than all the custom parts on it that could get damaged. Have Vildosola's inquired about it?
was it theirs?

dirtslinger

Reaction
Hopefully you don't make many changes so that if someone wants to restore it back to when the Vildosola's raced it, it's not hard for them to put it back.

Repashy

Reaction
So for those of us in the dark, what is the history of this thing? when did it race and how did it do? It can't have much rear wheel travel with the length of those axles because of the diff width.... but it looks like an awesome piece of engineering.... I am guessing thats a 302 based motor?

Bro_Gill

Reaction
totally is, why?..everything is for sale..just seeing any interest.im already putting newer Sparco seat in, bypass in front, etc..nothing major..
"...bypass in front, etc...."

You're joking, right? Or was the car raced that way back in the day? What will the changes do to the car regarding class and era it would race in? Does it move it out of the era it actually raced into a newer era it didn't?

dirtslinger

Reaction
I was hoping a Vintage guy would have got it, I was just a little too late on it, and it was local to me. Bummer.

mp_tx

Reaction
It's his car now. He can do what he wants with it. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mosebilt

Reaction
the seat is already on quick disconnect mounts, it comes out i like 30 seconds (to acces battery, fuel pump, dry sump, etc), so i am going to make a frame that fits the mounts, and holds the seat ..IF someone wants to buy car, original hand made aluminum seat can go right back in..front shock mounts have already been re-done several times already...im putting some old black Kustter/Mike Smith bypass on it front/rear, rears 6 tube 3.5" bolted right up, front upper mounts obviously need to be taller..but it is my car now, and to me the black, more "period correct" shocks, look better than the modern Fox that were on it..they will compliment the big knarly front end, plus torsion bar/bypass combo kicks ass!..i wont be racing it..just enjoying it.i dont like the Lazy Boy style reclined seat in it now, so i am going change it..no biggie..

MikeAdams

Reaction
Looks like a bus torsion housing? Crazy there is no rear adjuster.. Cool car, look super fun