Looking for a good co-dawg/here we go again

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
Not looking for broke people. I have already spent $400K this year on the team and I am now spending more on the new truck. I understand the cost of racing but I also have plenty of good people interested that bring something to the table. Funny thing, I see a lot of people paying to ride in the TT's. So let's change that up. You want to race you need to have money. Part of the cost of racing isn't it?

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
Yeah, but you said you wanted a GOOD co-dawg.

I have plenty of good people responding that like to race. That do it because they love the sport. They have money and do not complain about paying for their own food. Why do people always pipe in with non constructive criticism? What a waste of people's time!

oldman dirt

Reaction
you are whinning about spending 400k and you want to be "competitive" in TT ??
reality check--------------------
whether you are racing r/c cars or TT you get what you pay for
one loose bolt, one wrong turn, one trashed ride.
either prep it and drive iron man or open the wallet
cheap is as cheap does---------

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
you are whinning about spending 400k and you want to be "competitive" in TT ??
reality check--------------------
whether you are racing r/c cars or TT you get what you pay for
one loose bolt, one wrong turn, one trashed ride.
either prep it and drive iron man or open the wallet
cheap is as cheap does---------

We are running class 6, not TT. We are building a TT and then using shorter arms and a 4.5 motor for now. How much have you spent on racing this year???? What class are you racing? I wish I had the money that you have! It must be growing on trees for you. By the comment like that I would guess you do not have a lot of money or have so much from a trust fund that it doesn't matter anyways.

Last edited:

OldGreen

Reaction
That was awesome. AND TRUE.
With Mr. Pickering's attitude out of the bag, I'd like to volunteer and pay my own way. . .but alas. . .I have my own race team to run and bills to pay.

Chase 2

Reaction
I typed out and deleted 4 different responses to respond to this N00b with a Tude, but really there is no point in getting nasty, all I'm going to say to this guy now is good luck. I'm done with wasting his time and mine.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Robert,I'd love to Co-dog with you except....... Weight to Power, Busy coaching Football,2 weeks would be a little rough..... I'll be down there to help though!!!!!!!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
Robert,I'd love to Co-dog with you except....... Weight to Power, Busy coaching Football,2 weeks would be a little rough..... I'll be down there to help though!!!!!!!

Between you and I Shannon we would probably kill the truck. LOL. I always appreciate your help. I offered the opportunity to Ramsey too but I do not think he will take me up on it. He is meant to drive which he will be doing at the 1000. It will be me, Mikey and Ramsey driving it.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
Ok,
I am still getting a lot of responses. Thanks to all that love the sport as much as we do. When I say "bringing something to the table" that does not necessarily mean money. It means just that, "something". i.e. Can you bring a sponsor, great mechanical ability with experience prepping trucks in the past, previous experience racing, etc. Racing takes a lot of money and the team needs to be ran like a business. The only problem is that this business only loses money. That is not part of a successful business plan. What I do is look for avenues to cut any cost possible by sponsors, contributions, volunteers, etc. I know $400K is not a lot to some people on this board but it is for me. I run this like a business to try to give us longevity in the sport.

Last edited:

rickf

Reaction
We are running class 6, not TT. We are building a TT and then using shorter arms and a 4.5 motor for now. How much have you spent on racing this year???? What class are you racing? I wish I had the money that you have! It must be growing on trees for you. By the comment like that I would guess you do not have a lot of money or have so much from a trust fund that it doesn't matter anyways.

Wow! :eek:

This is beginning to be very sad.

ScoreUnlimitedRacing

Reaction
I am willing to codrive the first 1/2 of the next race if you are willing to let me drive the second 1/2 while you codrive. I am willing to pay for my own food, hotel and fuel. I will even pay for the race fuel I use. I would be willing to also pay for my pit crew for the driver change. I have some large awnings and 2 good fans. I will also bring my own tools. I am familiar with the race courses.

sloride

Reaction
Oh there's the source of your problem. You ain't going to get quality help until you AT LEAST pay expenses. You wanna play with the big boys you are going to have to step up and treat your crew like the big boys.

ding ding ding ding and we have a winna!!!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
I am willing to codrive the first 1/2 of the next race if you are willing to let me drive the second 1/2 while you codrive. I am willing to pay for my own food, hotel and fuel. I will even pay for the race fuel I use. I would be willing to also pay for my pit crew for the driver change. I have some large awnings and 2 good fans. I will also bring my own tools. I am familiar with the race courses.
Are the fans for both of us?

sloride

Reaction
I don't think anyone here is looking to get paid but if you want someone to spend that amount of time and dedication to do something that in my experience can be very demanding and time consuming albeit fun and like nothing else in this world then yeah you should help with expenses. For local races they can get there however is easiest and I'm sure people would be willing to do it but for Baja, SNORE, V2R you should get them there or help with arrangements, feed them and give 'em a place to stay.

A happy co dawg is a productive co dawg.

Good luck with your search and your racing.

rickf

Reaction
What is sad about it Rick. That the other guys can slam us but we cannot defend ourselves. Your right, hat is pretty sad. I guess a forum is for slamming people and not doing constructive things to better the sport. It just seems like the same people slam the post time and time again. I should of listen to Chase 2 and stopped wasting all of our time.

Robert,

There is a lot of experience of this forum.
There are many people who are willing to help.
Some of them, myself included, don't sugar-coat our opinions.
My (limited) observation is that anytime someone disagrees with you or challenges your opinions or assumptions you feel attacked and persecuted.
You retaliate with personal attacks, often with much anger and condescention.
This is a pretty small community and, while you will find people willing to endure a lot to participate in the sport, you run the risk of limiting your circle of friends if you don't shed some of that anger.
I truly hope you are successful in embracing the whole community that is 'La Familia'.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
I don't think anyone here is looking to get paid but if you want someone to spend that amount of time and dedication to do something that in my experience can be very demanding and time consuming albeit fun and like nothing else in this world then yeah you should help with expenses. For local races they can get there however is easiest and I'm sure people would be willing to do it but for Baja, SNORE, V2R you should get them there or help with arrangements, feed them and give 'em a place to stay.

A happy co dawg is a productive co dawg.

Good luck with your search and your racing.

I always pay for a place to stay. Usually we stay in my condo in LV if we are racing around there or hotels. I spent $10K for the 500 in hotels and house rentals. I treat my crews very good. It is just that my current co-driver doesn't pay a thing and doesn't take the time to even learn the truck. Kind of upsets me that I front all of his bills and he flys in to co-drive.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I always pay for a place to stay. Usually we stay in my condo in LV if we are racing around there or hotels. I spent $10K for the 500 in hotels and house rentals. I treat my crews very good. It is just that my current co-driver doesn't pay a thing and doesn't take the time to even learn the truck. Kind of upsets me that I front all of his bills and he flys in to co-drive.

I agree, a GOOD co-dawg brings something to the table like you said, and for him to not even take the time to learn the vehicle pretty much sucks.