Looking for a helicopter rental for film/who do you guys use?

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
We are looking for a helicopter rental to film a promo video and for chase for races. Who do you guys use?
Thanks

Reaction
IMHO, please refrain from utilizing a Robinson 44 or smaller aircraft. Unless it's R/C. I can provide a contact for a flying R/C camera, but I can not vouch for the quality.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Call corporate helicopter in San Diego, ask for Mandy...PM for details

Tipracer

Reaction
Well personally I have to agree...I am not a fan of the r22 or r44 but they see to do the job with no failures that I can attest to, any of the larger copters get very expensive, very fast... in san diego I know of a few teams that use www.corporatehelicopters.com
^^^ what he said---
sorry pab didnt see your post

Last edited:

Dirtworks Films

Reaction
I have done a lot of heli footage from an R44 it does the job just fine in fact it's much more nimble than most any other copter besides a 500 and I have a guy in Vegas who is a great pilot let me know if your interested.

Bob Bowers.
http://www.myspace.com/dirtworksfilms

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Call corporate helicopter in San Diego, ask for Mandy...PM for details
Thanks PAB. Nice talking with you the other day.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Well personally I have to agree...I am not a fan of the r22 or r44 but they see to do the job with no failures that I can attest to, any of the larger copters get very expensive, very fast... in san diego I know of a few teams that use www.corporatehelicopters.com
^^^ what he said---
sorry pab didnt see your post
Thanks

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Give my buddy Justin a call 805-390-5723
This is what he does for a living. Just finished filming a few major motion pictures but wants to get into filming some offroad stuff. He can do full size heli or r/c. He should be able to handle anything you want to film.
Tell him Josh sent you.

Bink Designs

Reaction
Try Jim McCoy @ Raven Helicopters. 619.857.6611 he has done tons of Baja stuff, currently doing all the chasing for Robby Pierce TT35 in the SCORE Series.

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Only because there are more of them flying.
I flew in an R44 once. Never again. The slightest breeze would push it all over the place, low payload and high crash record will keep me on the ground inches from 80 mph out of control racecars where its safer.

ORLY?

FAA Issues Special Info For Hot Weather Helo Pilots
Fuel Vapor A Potential Issue For Robinson Helicopters

[http://www.aero-news.net/#] The FAA has issued a Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin (SAIB) that alerts owners and operators of the potential for fuel vapor in high ambient temperatures and altitudes on Robinson Helicopter Company (RHC) Model R44 II helicopters.

There is a report of an unexplained engine power loss in a new Model R44 Raven II during its ferry flight from the factory. The power loss occurred in ambient conditions of approximately 100º F. Initially, fuel system vapor was the suspected cause, and RHC recommended restricting operations to temperatures below 105º F. Subsequent factory tests have shown satisfactory fuel system operation in ambient temperatures up to 115º F.

The FAA recommends that owners/operators of RHC helicopters be aware of the potential for fuel system vapor in high ambient temperatures. An intermittent or flickering auxiliary fuel pump warning light may be an early indication of vapor formation. If vapor formation is suspected, we recommend that you decrease altitude and/or discontinue operations until cooler conditions exist.

[http://www.aero-news.net/#]

This is information only. FAA recommendations aren’t mandatory.

Martin

Reaction
Corporate Helicopter is who our team uses.

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
if you can make your truck go fast enough... i shoot great footage from an f-22.. throw in a little extra $$$$$$$$ and ill shoot off some missles..

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Try Jim McCoy @ Raven Helicopters. 619.857.6611 he has done tons of Baja stuff, currently doing all the chasing for Robby Pierce TT35 in the SCORE Series.
jimmy mac is the real deal ..... (and a bro) --- he'll take care of you, w/ safety and professionalism in mind ... and he'll rent you a power-boat or watercraft down at campland by the bay (in SD) if you need one :rolleyes: --------- i wouldn't call anyone else :cool: d-no

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Isn't the R44 what Steve Kurtyka crashed in? I'm sure he can tell you guys how safe they are.... http://shop.race-dezert.com/products/rebound

I prefer not to make another DVD like this...

"The Rebound DVD is a benefit for the recovery fund for Steve Kurtyka. Ten producers put together a compilation of footage for this film.

On May 28th, 2005 an unfortunate incident occurred in Lucerne Valley, Ca. While video taping at the MORE Kartek 300 Off-Road race, a helicopter carrying Steve Kurtyka crashed. Fortunately all of the passengers survived the crash. This DVD is being created to help Steve with his recovery.
This incident has pulled the off-road community together, as shown by the overwhelming support by the various vendors who have donated prizes for raffles and people that have been donating to Steve’s recovery fund. We thank all the companies involved, and your help is much appreciated."

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Isn't the R44 what Steve Kurtyka crashed in? I'm sure he can tell you guys how safe they are.... http://shop.race-dezert.com/products/rebound

I prefer not to make another DVD like this...

"The Rebound DVD is a benefit for the recovery fund for Steve Kurtyka. Ten producers put together a compilation of footage for this film.

On May 28th, 2005 an unfortunate incident occurred in Lucerne Valley, Ca. While video taping at the MORE Kartek 300 Off-Road race, a helicopter carrying Steve Kurtyka crashed. Fortunately all of the passengers survived the crash. This DVD is being created to help Steve with his recovery.
This incident has pulled the off-road community together, as shown by the overwhelming support by the various vendors who have donated prizes for raffles and people that have been donating to Steve’s recovery fund. We thank all the companies involved, and your help is much appreciated."
Yeah F that. We don't need to go through that again...