• Forum membership has its advantages....

**Looking for a new NORRA project....HELP**

Rory

Crayola Killer
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a new NORRA project and although i have a few options to pick from right now I'm looking for something better or more realistic price wise. Basically i'm looking for an old race truck with some sort of off Road Racing history. Best option for me is a truck in pieces that needs restoration that i can build slowly, not something that is ready to go racing right now. I can afford a "project" because normally they can be bought at a reasonable cost. So, if anyone out there knows of an old race truck with some significant history, please send them my way.

I have been offered a couple buggies but I have done 4 of them now and I'm ready to tackle a truck. With that being said, if a buggy with some "Significant history" showed up i'd be somewhat interested. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] or PM me here.

Sorry Moderators if this is in the wrong spot, hopefully this thread could get some traction and more people could use this to see whats out there and possibly get more people interested in building some Vintage race cars to go racing.

What you guys got?

(The following pictures are just to give you an idea of stuff that has been out there over the years.....)

chacha1.jpg

10402032_10202214192945030_8823283025920728428_n.jpg

Scan 131420015.jpg

303levn.jpg

JDDurfey

Good luck in your search. I always enjoy following your builds reading every word in a "Ron Burgandy" voice in my head. Ha ha.

I would love to build a vintage racer someday to do NORRA.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Why, it looks like that yellow Chevy is at your house already? What gives?
Well, the Chevy WAS at my house but i sold it thinking I was going o get something else. So far that "Something else" has not materialized so I'm looking forward. I'm shaking the tree so to speak and some stuff is starting to come out of the shadows......nothing "historical" just yet but some interesting stuff to say the least. I will keep you informed. Anyone hiding anything out there and now not too interested in finishing?

Mark Newhan

Good luck in your search. I always enjoy following your builds reading every word in a "Ron Burgandy" voice in my head. Ha ha.

I would love to build a vintage racer someday to do NORRA.
He actually sounds like that. Even before the movie, I heard him call a woman a "smelly pirate hooker".

harleys dad

Some one buys the Pinto to do a Norra 6 car I will help you with the roll cage

JDDurfey

He actually sounds like that. Even before the movie, I heard him call a woman a "smelly pirate hooker".
That's awesome! Does he invite everyone to the "gun show" too? Maybe he plays the Jazz flute while driving the race car, that would be a nice touch.

MasTacos

That Pinto would be amazing to see roll off the start-line. No coil-over to help you on that one Rory!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Rundles - not Randall's - ran an off road Pinto circa 1976 out of the Tempe-Mesa area.

harleys dad

I remember the Pinto, didnt seam to have much luck from what I remember, there were a few that ran Pintos over the 70s and 80s, I remember 1 racing the Mint 400

Rory

Crayola Killer
Might have stumbled on to something.........Will let you know more when i do. in the meantime, keep posting stuff, if not for me, post for others looking.

bajabird

Talk to Jimco; They can fix you right up with a vintage truck.

NIKAL

Talk to Jimco; They can fix you right up with a vintage truck.
Now that is funny!

I really hope next years rules fix that, Gay Smith's car is awesome, but I'm not sure how a brand new 2016 Jimco class 1 with a VW Baja bug hood qualifies as Vintage? It clearly did not meet the "Spirit" of the Vintage rules.

Chris_Wilson

I blew it this year by not catching it at tech and nobody turned in a protest on it. 2017 NORRA rules will address this to make it easier to enforce but even with the 2016 rules it should not have been allowed in Vintage this year. We missed it, thinking it was his old air cooled car.

For 2017 only original documented A-arm cars will be allowed in the buggy/VW classes in the Vintage and older eras. The spirit of the open class vintage buggys is for old beam cars or A-arm cars that actually existed back then.