• Forum membership has its advantages....

Looking for advice before buying a new SxS

novaman64

So sold my old Rhino, and looking to get something way sportier. Looking at doing some dez racing (stock NA class, either the DP4 or Ave Series).

Narrowed it down to either the XP1000 or Wildcat XX. Looks like either vehicle I will need 5 pt harness, windows nets, roof, race radio, fire suppression, lights (rear light bar and better lights for night races) and a GPS.

On the Wildcat XX I will also need to add a second latching system to the door..

On the XP1000 looks like I will need to replace the cage and doors.

XP1000 I can get a 19' for 18k OTD, Wildcat XX 21k OTD.

XP1000 has more aftermarket support, Wildcat has next to none, though from what Ive read online doesnt really need much as its supposed to rip out of the box. I will also go do some fun rides with the wife out in the dez and trails.

Other option is wait till April when the Talon comes out.

Any thoughts or advice? Right now I am torn, but leaning slightly towards the Wildcat XX....

Total Loss

I am partial towards the XX.
I drove to Carson City Nv and paid 18600 OTD for mine.

You are correct on the aftermarket support...but the XX needs far less to make it competitive.

Secondary door latches are simple...cage is stout on the XX.
Rips out of the box. With the XP...you will have to do some suspension mods for sure.
XX may need a spring upgrade only.
Suspension parts are WAY more stout on the XX.

Easy to run 32's if you wish with a clutch upgrade and an ECU flash.

For the stock class- I think the XX is the best choice IMO.

novaman64

Wow, thats a smoking deal. Cheapest I could find one, was actually at Carson, but 21k, they dont have any 18's left.

Total Loss

I got the last of the 18's they had.

novaman64

Well, they are holding a 19' for me. Gave them a deposit, I will pick it up next week once I get home... Business trip on SoCal this week....

Total Loss

You will like it.
Make sure you check the rear axle plunge through the stroke before you drive it.
Best platform to race in an NA stock class IMO.

I am heading to Glamis tomorrow...first time in the sand. Got some 30" paddles...we will see how she does.

novaman64

You will like it.
Make sure you check the rear axle plunge through the stroke before you drive it.
Best platform to race in an NA stock class IMO.

I am heading to Glamis tomorrow...first time in the sand. Got some 30" paddles...we will see how she does.
Ya, saw the video RG made on checking the plunge, I will go over it and check that, plus all fluid levels and everything else once I get it, I used to work at a car dealership, and sad to say I really dont trust factories or the PDI process.

Have fun in the dunes, let us know how it goes.

Nessy

I highly recommend doing the steering rack bushing upgrade on the XX. It's cheap and easy. Its definitely a stout machine and easy to drive fast.

43mod

Talking w RG s shop they were concerned w the rack being mounted single shear. They have a kit coming for this. Also said they have a racer kit to be out in next two weeks. Picking my xx up today. Stealing the 30" tires for my RZR and taking it to Baja Monday night. Bringing back 33" Baja TA for XX and starting some kind of build,need to learn the rules first.

NavarroJr

In case you want more safety in the Wildcat XX cage I saw this photo of one of RG wildcats and the upgrade looks to be simple and waay cheaper than buying an aftermaket cage for the polaris

Attachments

novaman64

In case you want more safety in the Wildcat XX cage I saw this photo of one of RG wildcats and the upgrade looks to be simple and waay cheaper than buying an aftermaket cage for the polaris
Wow, thanks for the photo. I saw on the cars that they brought down to baja that extra bar was there, just didnt know how they tied it in.

novaman64

Picked it up Friday...

0 miles on the odometer when I got it.

Blasted around, break in. Couple heat cycles and some fun sliding around. Pulled into shop and pulled some graphics off.

Checked axle plunge and fluid levels then took it out to the dez yesterday for a break in and shake down. Did 50 miles, put about 4 heat cycles on it.

Was in a sea of RZR's. But did good, until the end when the speed sensor took a crap, speedo would go from zero to 75 and cause the governor to kick in, kept freaking out and throwing a P0500 error, gonna have to bring it in for warranty.

5pt harnesses, roof (need to figure out which one) are very first on the list. Then radios, ipad (lead nav), fire extinguishers.

Had a blast, not used to SxS's as I have always raced/ridden motorcycles. Couple guys with RZR's were commenting how well it did through the whoops, they said they were getting bounced around and they could see my suspension working but the car was just flat. One of my buddies who has an older RZR Turbo 4 seater drove it, said it felt angry and fast and he thought it may be faster than his RZR. All in all stoked with the purchase.

slvrbullet

I love my XX, I raced it at the SNORE 250 stock (minus safety items) and it did really good. Throw on some Shock therapy or Bandit springs and it makes the car even faster and gets rid of the bottoming out.

novaman64

Well parts should start rolling in soon.

Found a deal on a used Yaesu 65watt radio, being programmed for me.
Ordered a Rugged Radios RRP5100 Intercom (clearance used from Rugged).
Ordered all my rocker switches (lighted) from UTV inc. (horn, front light bar, rear chase lights, race air, comms)
Picking up my rear light bar from "Rear Light Bar Store", kinda neat, they are 15 minutes from where I live.
Already have a iPad (6th gen) going to run lead nav on, ordered a Mob Armor case and a XGPS160 puck, and fab up my own mount for the ipad.
PRP 5 pt harnesses

Still need to figure out:
fire extinguisher setup
Race air (debating going with the new S&B helmet particle separator)
Front light bar (think I might go with the Cali Raised, but wont need this till night race in July)
Roof (haven't really seen one i liked, might have a buddy that owns a fab shop make me one)
Window nets
bumpers/tow points (prolly try and save some money and just fab these up myself)

That should get me racing in the stock class....

Total Loss

Keep us posted.
I may be at all (or most) of the BITD races this year. I'll look you up if you decide on racing there.

novaman64

Keep us posted.
I may be at all (or most) of the BITD races this year. I'll look you up if you decide on racing there.
I might try and get my feet wet at one of the smaller (more affordable) events like either the Ave or DP4 before participating in the BITD stuff, though I might try and make it out to some of the stuff as a spectator....

osborne

novaman, where did you go ride? Im just up in redding and 43mod is in colusa. He is building a stock class xx right now. Im running a rzr 4 1000, just playing, but since I sold my race car, I will prob end up helping 43mod at the races. Give us a shout when you head to the dez.

novaman64

novaman, where did you go ride? Im just up in redding and 43mod is in colusa. He is building a stock class xx right now. Im running a rzr 4 1000, just playing, but since I sold my race car, I will prob end up helping 43mod at the races. Give us a shout when you head to the dez.
Those pics are in Smith, NV. Buddy has some property out there, so we leave from his property because it backs up to public lands. We were cruising all around the Walker River area.

Zambo

Well parts should start rolling in soon.

Found a deal on a used Yaesu 65watt radio, being programmed for me.
Ordered a Rugged Radios RRP5100 Intercom (clearance used from Rugged).
Ordered all my rocker switches (lighted) from UTV inc. (horn, front light bar, rear chase lights, race air, comms)
Picking up my rear light bar from "Rear Light Bar Store", kinda neat, they are 15 minutes from where I live.
Already have a iPad (6th gen) going to run lead nav on, ordered a Mob Armor case and a XGPS160 puck, and fab up my own mount for the ipad.
PRP 5 pt harnesses

Still need to figure out:
fire extinguisher setup
Race air (debating going with the new S&B helmet particle separator)
Front light bar (think I might go with the Cali Raised, but wont need this till night race in July)
Roof (haven't really seen one i liked, might have a buddy that owns a fab shop make me one)
Window nets
bumpers/tow points (prolly try and save some money and just fab these up myself)

That should get me racing in the stock class....
Does the XX have provisions for wiring accessories already built into the car? If not, I would HIGHLY suggest using a Switch Pro instead of a nest of switches, relays, bus bars, fuses, solenoids, etc to wire your car. It will add years to you life, trust me.