• Forum membership has its advantages....

Looking for advice before buying a new SxS

novaman64

Made some gussets for the rear shocks...

Cut a old livestock stall mat down for the rear diff...

Mounted my fire extinguishers... I ride with all RZR’s. :)

And put on all my painted body work.

Gotta make my window net frames and some number plates and she’ll be race ready. Gotta install my SpeedSxS clutch too....

43mod

Some pics of the b pillar...

With the template of the frame that the window net will be mounted to.

Where it will tie to the factory frame.
View attachment 203800

Notched the door to clear the new b pillar.
View attachment 203801
Clearly going to be the slowest race UTV ever. Please take that sticker off so the driver knows its a race car. Looks good sir. Your giving me some motivation on my XX. I have a huge pile of parts just like Christmas, just have to make some time.

novaman64

Clearly going to be the slowest race UTV ever. Please take that sticker off so the driver knows its a race car. Looks good sir. Your giving me some motivation on my XX. I have a huge pile of parts just like Christmas, just have to make some time.
But then I wont remember to avoid steep hills and drive cautiously so I don't flip. haha

Aren't you in Northern California?

novaman64

Gotcha, Im 45 min east of Sac, where the mountains begin.

Holler if you ever need a hand, I have a ton of PTO and occassionally like excuses to not go to work. haha, actually called in today to do some hauling

novaman64

Got the new test tie rods on... first set didn’t have enough articulation. These ones seem to do the trick, gotta align it, but got pretty close by eyeballing it I think...
IMG_6167.JPG

IMG_6168.JPG

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6171.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6165.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

osborne

Oh, here we go. Now you are gonna get protested because you are using aftermarket tierods in a stock class. LOL this is gonna be fun to watch them police these stock cars in tech.

jon coleman

its ok^, its a safety thing, u see if you over drive the car you dont want the steering to break, but ,but, isnt That the concept of a " stock " class???

Total Loss

Nova...my brother pointed out when you remove the front valance. the corners of the radiators (plastic tanks) are exposed.
I ended up cutting my valance down to 2 pieces and shortened them to just cover the radiators for rock deflection.
FYI

novaman64

I would think some sort of shock absorption in the steering system would make the steering lethargic, slow speed rocks.. Sure.. High speed in the dez no thanks, Ill keep beefing up the weakest link or drive a bit smarter...