• Forum membership has its advantages....

Looking for advice before buying a new SxS

RedRide

Here’s my experience.

2015 Polaris RZR XP1000: started out fun, but ended up going into limp mode and catching my on fire.

2016 Polaris RZR X4P1000 turbo: 2500 moderate miles throughout northern Baja. Only issue was a when my original belt blew at 2000 miles (when I let my buddy drive) this caused a seal leak. Very comfortable to drive in a straight line, handles bumps well, decent power. Very unstable in turns due to high CG. Sold it to a guy who continues to call me about electrical limo mode issues.

2017 Can Am X3 XRS: 1000 moderate miles throughout northern Baja, 2x NORRA 1000 races. 2 belts, 1 disconnected turbo tube. Still running like a champ. Cars handle significantly better than Polaris due to low CG. Power is very impressive. Steering and brakes are worse than Polaris.

Can Am X3 XRS: 4 of my friends and I bought 5 of them. All ran NORRA 1000. No issues.

I will continue to buy Can Am based on performance and reliability.

johndjmix

Russ! I have belt area work lights in stock but unfortunately I didn’t design them :(

I have a can-am so I don’t need to worry about belts (Why do I have the feeling I will regret saying this at around 3am in the middle of Mexico with Russ laughing next to me as I replace a belt)

—John

Vote for Trump John and i will run your lights and stickers. Need 2 amber,red and a backup light. You have any interior or work lights ? ie belt area work light ?

novaman64

4 seater would look cool converted to 2 seater for dez racing. Saw this online... I like the way this looks, the other ones with factory cages are hideous.
62017701_10157292986698210_1182192389628887040_n.jpg

NIKAL

I agree it’s not real pleasing to the eyes, but I guarantee Honda will sell more and have more success vs Arctic Cat & the XX. It’s a shame too as the XX is the best built platform. Unfortunately Textron does not know or understand the market or how to run the company. Best thing that could happen is the Arctic Cat restructure makes the company look better and worth selling off. Because they will not survive another 2 years selling 4500 XX’s a year, and that was more then any other model Arctic Cat has.

NIKAL

4 seater would look cool converted to 2 seater for dez racing. Saw this online... I like the way this looks, the other ones with factory cages are hideous. View attachment 202344
Honda is going all out with a 2 car factory UTV team for 2020. It will be run through Proctor racing. I’m sure Pat Dailey will talk about what he knows when he’s aloud too.

RedRide

4 seater would look cool converted to 2 seater for dez racing. Saw this online... I like the way this looks, the other ones with factory cages are hideous. View attachment 202344
This looks great. I’m sure it was completely redesigned by an aftermarket race team. I just don’t understand why Honda wouldn’t engage these companies/designers during the initial development process.

Tim Farr (fomerly with canam) has been playing with the Talon as well.. It would shock me if he left factory backing for a non factory backed program.

Total Loss

Better get something bigger for rubber...then re-gear...then turbo because it's sluggish...then 35 + k later...

On the flip side- Can Ham is putting 195 ponies into it's flagship...just enough for more newbs to wad themselves up... (that and SCORE will still give the win to PoPo lol)

Never ends...

Race car rendering looks nice...at what...a buck 20?

novaman64

Any thought on tires? Looking to pick up a set of 32's for dez racing. These are what I am trying to decide between...

Brand/Model/Weight
Tensor DS 34.5
BF Goodrich KR2 39.5
BF Goodrich KM3 41.95
Maxxis Liberty 38
Arisun After Shock 37
EFX Motohammer 40.5
ITPUltracross R-Spec 39.5

Any recommendations? Looking for light, but also want durable and longer lasting would be nice, I know you I cant have my cake and eat it too...

Honda is going all out with a 2 car factory UTV team for 2020. It will be run through Proctor racing. I’m sure Pat Dailey will talk about what he knows when he’s aloud too.
It would be cool if they offered a contingency program that encouraged more teams to build and race Talons... The "rendering" looks cool but if some "non" factory guys did well, it would sell some units IMO.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Where can you run those lights and not upset the authorities? I thought CHP deemed such illegal even for off road use? Thanks!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
I thought CHP frowned on such even when racing. Ask an old Checker, like maybe Bro_Gill on rdc.