• Forum membership has its advantages....

Looking for help at the Baja 500 and 1000

rocky4by

We have a class 10 Alumicraft car. We ran it at the PCI 300 last year and finished. Previous to this, we've raced the Mint 400 and Vegas to Reno, both with finishes.

We are a small family team looking for some help with chasing mainly. A good mechanically inclined person who is also good with electronics would be helpful. In case we need it, driving/ co-driving experience may come in handy. Any previous Baja experience would be good as we have none. For the 500, someone who is at least willing to come retrieve us in case we need it, or if you are into chasing the course, that would be fine also, but you need your own truck. We have a decent tool line up but not many spare parts. We will cover some gas, food, and beer.

Hurley37

DM me I'll be at both and have a truck full of tools (my brothers). But I really have a decent supply of Baja knowledge and tools.

Redsand187

What part of Oregon are you in? I'm in Central WA and would love to find a team to help out. Not any real racing experience, but former ASE master tech with a truck and just about every tool and gadget under the sun. I come from the jeep world. Probably couldn't make the 500, but the 1000 other races wouldn't be a problem.

rocky4by

Thanks for the responses everyone, we appreciate everyone offering their help. I will do my best to get in touch with everyone soon, we are still working things out on our end as far as camping in or around Encinada and getting our car and gear all together. We are located close to Grants Pass Oregon, so its a good 2000 mile round trip for us.
Thanks.

43mod

2000 mile round trip ha ha ha try at least 8k by the time you are done getting there,pre running,chasing,racing.
It will be worth it. Start rat holing $$,$$$ right now .

oneleglance

So the 500 is the first weekend in June, I would be happy to help but we need to make plans soon as that is coming up soon than you think.

I am no good for pre-run help but chasing and such is easy. I have a netbook in center console for nav stuff and a fridge to carry the food & beverages :)

I have chased in the NORRA Mexican 1000 for the last few years, speak fluent spanish, carry basic tools and have a well built 4wd Suburban...my only issue would be how much stuff you might need to store in back, I can do a couple tires and spare parts but not much more. There is a 2 fuel can carrier on the back and a roof rack also.
Here is a pic...race radio installed already.

mccallumracing

Thanks for the responses everyone, we appreciate everyone offering their help. I will do my best to get in touch with everyone soon, we are still working things out on our end as far as camping in or around Encinada and getting our car and gear all together. We are located close to Grants Pass Oregon, so its a good 2000 mile round trip for us.
Thanks.
Pm sent

JDDurfey

This is what I have always loved about the off-road racing community. When someone asks for some help there are always willing volunteers. For a couple of years I helped some friends race a Pro bike in Baja before beginning to race myself. I helped with logistics, chasing, wrenching, and I always got to do some pre-running on my bike with them. I pretty much paid my own way, but still I found it very rewarding and loved every minute of it.

rocky4by

Wow! Yes, its great, we've had many responses for help and advice. This photo shows the status of 1096.. we have to get the computer back in the car and make sure all is good to go. This coming week we are trying to figure out where to stay in encenada, camping or hotel? We have an open car trailer and a truck and camper, my wife will be staying with everything during the race hopefully around other race teams/families.
Thanks again, everyone
Steve

Attachments

rocky4by

I checked with Horsepower Ranch, looks like they are full, but there place and location does look nice.

Jessaca

We might be able to help each other for the 1000. We are trying to get our 10 car finished for the 1000. We will be short handed with help. We should talk and see if we could combine our resources.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today