looking for information

scott362

I am trying to build scale models of the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16s Driven by Ari Vatanen in 1987 & Juha Kankkunen in 1988 Paris-Dakar I cannot find any technical information or pictures. I need to find out how much the cars were lengthen for the extra fuel tanks in them any help would be greatly appreciated

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
This photo may give you a better perspective as to where and how much they lengthened the car.

scott362

Thanks for the pictures they will be of great help now all I have to do is find some pictures of the inside so I can tell how the added the fuel tank
Thanks again

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
This french website has thousands of photos of the Peugeot 205 T16, mixed in with all the Group B cars are pics of the Dakar cars. There are a lot of old magazine and technical articles in that thread.

http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto/theme40/sujet378190-35.htm

The fuel tank was moved from it's forward location in front of the car, to the area where they added the extention between the passenger and engine compartment. It sat right behind the drivers. They raised the firewall when they moved the fuel cell. The first photo is from the 1988 Dakar vehicle. The second photo shows the height of the firewall in the car's Group B configuration.

Attachments