looking for pic of Laughlin Baldwin Crash

V8Ranger

I'm looking for a picture of the baldwin crash in the infield at the 2002 Laughlin race if anyone has it saved to their computer. I need it for a report that I'm writing for a class.

Thanks,
Matt

Rory

Crayola Killer
Matt,

Here is the original pic of the Baldwin crash. I was lucky to get the shot...it was a hell of a hit. Hopefully this one is a little better quaility, I tried to clean it up a bit.

Attachments

desertracer

ok- My bad, I didn't even look at the pic very good so I assumed the worst. Now that I too a second look you can clearly see the tries are still on the truck. Did they repair/salvage that truck?

michael_loomis

that pic is awesome .... in a fearful yet amazing way !! crazy how the bumper snapped off as it lawn darted into the ground a couple feet.

Sites

My two spare tires are from that truck. The inner-liners said "BFG Prototype not for Highway use" -- real black helicoper-type chit

RacerX

Its cool because you can see where it nosed into the ground where the bumper is, then where the tail hit and so on.
Great pic Rory

Rory

Crayola Killer
Thanks Anthony, I had just moved to that end of the track because everyone and there mother was taking pics by the Laughlin Leap, so I decided I try taking a couple pics down that way. not only that, a couple of the TT guys were hitting the first jump a little funny and I thought someone might get a little sideways, not ever thinking the ENDO was going to happen. After he endoed, I pulled the front bumper out of the ground and off the course, then the 2 spares. Boy, Mr. Baldwin was not a happy camper hanging upside down in the truck, but at least they were ok.

klaus

Administrator
How come that some people get rear-ended at 35 mph, get hauled away in an ambulance, sue the world and receive $k,$$ and then others end-over multiple times at more then 35mph and continue to race the next day ?

Hmmmm ?

Eric_M

some people are just greedy bast#$ds and think the world owes them greatly..... i hate people like that!