Looking for Rental / or racing section opportunity in Baja 500

tjfischer

Hi Guys,

We're looking to rent a car off someone who isn't actively racing, we can organize to get car prepped and pay, OR someone looking to add another driver or two to their program in exchange for some cash as long as we can brand the car.

Our experience is we are road racers, with a lot of endurance experience, and relatively new to the off-road scene.

Send inquiries to: tj@tjfischer.com

Cheers,

Hurley37

Hi Guys,

We're looking to rent a car off someone who isn't actively racing, we can organize to get car prepped and pay, OR someone looking to add another driver or two to their program in exchange for some cash as long as we can brand the car.

Our experience is we are road racers, with a lot of endurance experience, and relatively new to the off-road scene.

Send inquiries to: tj@tjfischer.com

Cheers,
TJ Fischer as in Mazda LMP driver TJ Fischer?
More car guys coming into the sport. Badass

MARXICO

About 45 days ago I was responding to this same add, we talked on the phone he seemed to be a nice guy with experience in pavement we talked on the phone a couple of times I also referred him to two other opportunity’s in two other classes I knew of .At that point we discussed a rental program and he said send me a proposal . I was very specific didn’t leave a thing out. I sent him a proposal and waited a couple of days for him to get back to me one way or another.
After no contact I called him and left a message on his phone and also his partners phone .They never called back to even say no thanks .At that point I understood the level of his integrity and accountably and realized that I just missed the bullet because I was considering to have this guy rent my car , but he didn’t even have the common decency to respond to my emails or phone calls .
This is not my opinion it is my experience. I am happy with they way our relationship ended, it could have been a lot worse . Thanks again for not returning my calls

Baja Native

About 45 days ago I was responding to this same add, we talked on the phone he seemed to be a nice guy with experience in pavement we talked on the phone a couple of times I also referred him to two other opportunity’s in two other classes I knew of .At that point we discussed a rental program and he said send me a proposal . I was very specific didn’t leave a thing out. I sent him a proposal and waited a couple of days for him to get back to me one way or another.
After no contact I called him and left a message on his phone and also his partners phone .They never called back to even say no thanks .At that point I understood the level of his integrity and accountably and realized that I just missed the bullet because I was considering to have this guy rent my car , but he didn’t even have the common decency to respond to my emails or phone calls .
This is not my opinion it is my experience. I am happy with they way our relationship ended, it could have been a lot worse . Thanks again for not returning my calls
Good looking out! You may have just saved someone from making a regrettable mistake!

tjfischer

Hey there MARXICO - never meant to leave you hanging like that. Still very much so interested. We did our first test last weekend to get some seat time in Mexicali. Very sorry we came across that way to you, as I had no intention of leaving you in the dark. Things got busy on our end and we never got back to you on the proposal. Given your car was not SCORE legal, it limited options and certainly detracted from building a future program. With that being said, we'd still like to continue a dialogue as we're serious about going off-road racing and are evaluating any opportunities that make economic sense. If my correspondence was bad, please excuse me on that. We're also running a company and are heavily time committed to that as well. Nothing personal, let's connect soon. Again, I'm very sorry for the lack of communication back to you, I hope you can accept my apology. Cheers buddy

MasTacos

If you're going to be serious about off-road racing, I recommend you try to join an existing program that needs another driver. The history of this sport is rife with guys who want to make the transition, show up and vanish like Keyser Soze (R-Acer... paging R-Acer...) they have money and some talent in other venues but nothing can prepare you for the real deal.

Off Road Racing isn't like any other sort of racing and it's not just seat time that you need, it's experience with all the things that can go wrong with an entire program, it's sorting out chase logistics and making sure you guys are rock solid when the chips are down.

I recommend you try reaching out to some experienced teams, especially guys with Baja experience, run with them for a bit to see what an off road program looks like then you'll be better armed when it comes to getting serious about racing in off-road. I can give you some recommendations to get you started (shoot me a PM) and I'm sure people here will chime in with their own opinions.

jon coleman

road racing is easy, offroad deZert is a character test, it makes you look Deep into your own soul.plus its a good place to invest all your 'boom times ' cash....

johndjmix

Trophylite. Contact them. Good solid operation.

—john

alloutindustries.com

Hey there MARXICO - never meant to leave you hanging like that. Still very much so interested. We did our first test last weekend to get some seat time in Mexicali. Very sorry we came across that way to you, as I had no intention of leaving you in the dark. Things got busy on our end and we never got back to you on the proposal. Given your car was not SCORE legal, it limited options and certainly detracted from building a future program. With that being said, we'd still like to continue a dialogue as we're serious about going off-road racing and are evaluating any opportunities that make economic sense. If my correspondence was bad, please excuse me on that. We're also running a company and are heavily time committed to that as well. Nothing personal, let's connect soon. Again, I'm very sorry for the lack of communication back to you, I hope you can accept my apology. Cheers buddy
Awesome to see you respond ,,