looking for some Centerline truck wheels were sold at the swap meet

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Evidently there were a couple sets of the old Centerline 15x8 or 9 5 on 5.5 light truck racing wheels sold at the swap meet over the weekend. I couldn't make it, but missed a couple of calls telling me about them.
Carlos from Baja pits had a set and there was another set that was said to be off of the original Bud Honcho.

We just started restoring the the Honcho, so having the original wheels would be a bonus. If you ended up with either set or know how did, let me know if you'd/they'd like to turn a quick profit and get them to a good home.

Thanks in advance for the help!

This is the wheel-

honchooff road lr.jpg

race-desert

Reaction
Ok- I was with a couple jeep guys(my brothers) and old jeep flathoods and early cj's parts guru's! so miday sunduy we came across the exact wheels as pictured above even with the marks of running the flat lugs nuts! we talked with a older gentleman about them and he was from a racing team and talked about running them on a a truck back when and having to run 11/16 studs and the big ford flat lug nuts.... so we ended up after 15 mins of bullshitting walking away from them only because brothers didn't want to screw with old style mag lug nut on there projects... I do not remember positively and will rack my brain some more but "McNeil" rings a bell right now! there spot was one row east of center fence dividing the first two sections and was the end spot on the uphill side (north)....

Last edited:

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
I cant ell 100% from the pictures Mark, but from what I can see those don't look like Centerline's. The Centerline actually says Centerline on the center.

I'm told the wheels were in a space in the first isle on the left as you drove in the vendor entrance. So any cluse would be helpful.

I'll run Outlaws if I cant find Centerline's Ramsey, but I want to make it as original as possible...which is the good and the bad about bringing these relics back to life.

mgobaja

Reaction
I cant ell 100% from the pictures Mark, but from what I can see those don't look like Centerline's. The Centerline actually says Centerline on the center.

I'm told the wheels were in a space in the first isle on the left as you drove in the vendor entrance. So any cluse would be helpful.

I'll run Outlaws if I cant find Centerline's Ramsey, but I want to make it as original as possible...which is the good and the bad about bringing these relics back to life.
First aisle on the left, was Baja Pits / Le duc and then some folks whom i can not identify

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I have a few sets of the centerlines you are looking for over at my dads house. The look like the Americans but say centerline on the back of the wheel.

15 x 5 x 5 1/2

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Reaction
Those narrow wheels work for your use, Jeff?

Mount 215/75x15 tires? Like I had on my Thing?

Don't go slower than 30 MPH in anything resembling sand? ;)

They are easy to change when flat.