Looking for V2R competitor 8811 (I believe). THANK YOU!

Ridgway

Hey guys!

I think it was 8811 who stopped in the silt bed and helped save our car from burning to the ground! I was not doing so well from breathing in all the toxins (my pumper hose caught fire and forced all the burning plastic into my lungs) and I tried to make a point of it to remember the truck number, but I'm not sure.

This person got out, used up his fire extinguishers and then proceeded to bury the car in silt along with my co-driver (Brian Kirby.) I was kind of out of it but I think he was there for 5 to 10 minutes! I know how much money this team must have spent on their V2R race...AND TO STOP THEIR RACE TO HELP OUT ANOTHER RACER...well, I was blown away! This was my first desert race. Absolutely amazing!

If you are the one who stopped, or you know who was, I would like to personally thank you! I know the car owner (Dave Cole) would like to thank you as well.

Here is a pic of the car I was driving.

I would have posted up sooner but I had to register first and then couldn't post for a couple days.

Thanks again...I hope I can get in touch with this guy!
Chris Ridgway

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
from what im told it wasnt randy(he was further up the course and never saw a thing) but it was probely a 18** sportsman

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Hey Chris! I went to watch Chris race Motocross with his Dad years ago at a local track. They came back from Chris registering to race and his Dad said "don't just stand there you are signed up to race his Full race 125 in 15 minutes! Point is Chris is a great friend, been a few minutes since we talked but they just put me on his bike like nothing, you guys understand the R&D and prep in any full race deal, I am still stoked for what they did! pm me chris! Darren Walsh

Ridgway

Class Act for whoever stopped to help you out!!

So what happened, why did the rig burn down? Is it a complete loss?
A class act for sure! Actually, a few competitors stopped to check on us...it was really cool. We aren't sure exactly why the fire started but it looks like a leaky power steering hose on to the header. Then the harness caught. It's not a complete loss but it did a lot of damage. Dave Cole (owner) is trying to get it ready for Barstow in November.

Chris,

Welcome to desert racing - and some of the coolest people you'll ever meet (or not meet)!

Hope you stick with it and better luck comes your way.

For those that don't know Chris...He's been a succesful racer for a while:

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/between-the-motos-chris-ridgway.aspx

Ron
Thanks Ron! I've lived a great racing life so far!

I'd really like to race the Barstow event in November. Also, I'm looking for something (fast) to drive in the 1000.

Hey Chris! I went to watch Chris race Motocross with his Dad years ago at a local track. They came back from Chris registering to race and his Dad said "don't just stand there you are signed up to race his Full race 125 in 15 minutes! Point is Chris is a great friend, been a few minutes since we talked but they just put me on his bike like nothing, you guys understand the R&D and prep in any full race deal, I am still stoked for what they did! pm me chris! Darren Walsh

HA! What's up Darren? It's definitely been a few minutes! Talk to you Saturday.

Anybody have any ideas how else I can find these guys? I don't want to give up.

Thanks,
Chris

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Chris maybe start keeping an eye with the race photo companys like DurkaDurka, High Rev etc...and maybe you can get a better look at the car.
Oh and I did get the holeshot on your bike by the way!:D Call you sat.

RaceFreak

We Stoped after it was over to let our engine cool down.. (Vapor Lock) and radioed in help for you guys!!!!:D 7247