• Forum membership has its advantages....

Looking to help out on a race team

fastcash

Just wondering if any one is looking for help on a race team for any of the off road racrs. Im looking to get into off road racing and was told this is the best way to get your foot in the door and learn all about it. Im from alberta canada. Ill pay my way down to where ever i gotta go just looking for the opportunity.

Thanks
Olsen04
Consider volunteering for one of the pit service providers, Mag 7 is a great group and can
always use the help. My racing partner and I helped with the Baja 1000 last year and
learned a bunch and had a terrific experience.
Chris

bajadreamer

My first desert race of my life (dream come true just to spectate) I just walked down contingency at the 2011 Mint, Talked to several people, within 3 hrs I was asked if I wanted to help out on one of the highest profile teams out there. Its all in your attitude... I was with that same pit crew for 8 years.. tons of great people in desert racing, you’ll learn as you go.. (I got a hell of a education) it’s definitely no problem to find a team in need of a GOOD DEPENDABLE RESPONSIBLE PERSON , all you gotta do is truly want it and act like you want it...keep a good attitude put the phone down,work hard, become valuable (they don’t have time for “selfies” or gossip) they spend a Way more money than you think to be there, so they don’t want or need a slacker, they don’t care if you don’t know anything as long as you try and learn and pull your own weight

good luck and DONT FORGET to have fun!!!
(When you have time:) )

My first desert race of my life (dream come true just to spectate) I just walked down contingency at the 2011 Mint, Talked to several people, within 3 hrs I was asked if I wanted to help out on one of the highest profile teams out there. Its all in your attitude... I was with that same pit crew for 8 years.. tons of great people in desert racing, you’ll learn as you go.. (I got a hell of a education) it’s definitely no problem to find a team in need of a GOOD DEPENDABLE RESPONSIBLE PERSON , all you gotta do is truly want it and act like you want it...keep a good attitude put the phone down,work hard, become valuable (they don’t have time for “selfies” or gossip) they spend a Way more money than you think to be there, so they don’t want or need a slacker, they don’t care if you don’t know anything as long as you try and learn and pull your own weight

good luck and DONT FORGET to have fun!!!
(When you have time:) )
Thanks for all the info sir. It is gonna be quite the experience that i hope can lead to more than a 1 time deal. Cant wait. So pumped about this. Cant wait to learn lots. Ive always want to do this kind of thing. And now to be able to do it. All i can say is im stoked. I cant thank dave enough for give me a shot at this to help out.