Looking to help pit a car

Kkinser

Reaction
Would like to help someone pit a car during the 1000 this year. Tryto get into the sport. Gonna be building a 2 seater class 9 buggy soon but want to experience baja first hand by helping out. Been a mechanic for years, know my way around a car. Very hard worker. If it needs done an I can do it, it will be at the best of my ability.

IRONGOOK

Reaction
Hi KKinser,
You may want to hook up with a team and pit a race locally before you go for the 1000. Vegas to Reno in August is a good one. Where you located?

McCredie A

Reaction
Another idea would be to hook up with baja pits or another pit organization. Help them out for the 1000. You will get to be around more cars. But most likely will not be as mobile if you are chasing for a race team.

E motorsports

Reaction
there is a guy in your neighborhood with a single seat class 9 as well as a 2 seat 11 car he is always looking for help
his name is Danny Rice
you can shout out to him on BOR off road racing face book.
if you scroll down that page he has his 9 car posted for sale
the next Bor race is august at the Knolls about 40 miles before Wendover Nevada
you can come out and help pit or volunteer and work a check point or whatever

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
If you plan to chase/spectate Baja 1000, you should look into getting your sentri pass, the most I've done waiting to cross the border coming back from a race is like 13 minutes.

I won't even take anyone with me that doesn't have it, I'd rather just meet my team down there and come back alone, but luckily haven't had to do that yet

snivilous

Reaction
I'm in southern Utah too, helped RST out of SLC with the #44 TT at the 1000 and they were super cool. Maybe help this year too. Pitting for UTV Pros out of Hurricane for V2R in a few weeks. Could talk to either of them about helping, seems like most teams are open to help if you'll actually help and not flake.