Looking to Partner with Class 10 or 6100 Team for 2022

Reaction
Shake 'n Bake Racing is looking to partner with an established class 10 or 6100 team for 2022. We would like to partner with a team to race SCORE or BITD or MORE and split driving time. I recently won the MORE 1600 championship in my single seat Alumicraft 1600 and would like to take the next step, especially in Baja. What we have to offer...

Driving Experience
  • Multiple year of seat time driving a 2016 Alumicraft class 10 chassis
  • Childhood spent racing shifter carts
  • Navigated for Trophy Tuck Teams
  • Race ½ 1600 competitively (MORE 2020 Points Champion)
  • Finished every race we entered in 2020.
Available Support for Team
  • X2 Alumicraft prerunners
  • F550 4x4 box truck outfitted for baja
    • Dual Kenwood 110 Watt High Power Radios with weatherman antenna
    • 100-gallon pressurized fuel system
    • Miller Welder
    • Snapon chest full of tools
    • Generator
    • Dual integrated nitrogen tanks for impact guns
    • & More….
  • Dual car deck-over gooseneck flatbed (fits both prerunners)
  • 40 foot enclosed race trailer stocked with tools (fits both prerunners)
  • New 4x4 F350 for hauling
  • Pit crew with race experience
We show up to races to win, but also like to have fun and celebrate. We have a 4-car race garage in Fallbrook, CA where we prep all our vehicles ourselves. We are OCD about prep and do not cut corners. For example, the ½ 1600 car comes down to the chassis after every race. Everything is mag inspected, changed at mile intervals, and assembled methodically.

I would be happy to coordinate pits, prep the car, do all the transportation, prerunn with you, and split cost. Open to options and different structures.

If you are interested, please reach out.

Thank you,

Reece Pettersen

760-803-0871

Reecepettersen@yahoo.com

Attachments

• BAP 2019.jpg
    BAP 2019.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 192

Slippery P

Reaction
Nice you are willing to bring A lot to the table, good luck. 👍

Deenracing

Reaction
Shake 'n Bake Racing is looking to partner with an established class 10 or 6100 team for 2022. We would like to partner with a team to race SCORE or BITD or MORE and split driving time. I recently won the MORE 1600 championship in my single seat Alumicraft 1600 and would like to take the next step, especially in Baja. What we have to offer...

Driving Experience
    • Miller Welder
    • Generator
    • & More….
We show up to races to win, but also like to have fun and celebrate. We have a 4-car race garage in Fallbrook, CA where we prep all our vehicles ourselves. We are OCD about prep and do not cut corners. For example, the ½ 1600 car comes down to the chassis after every race. Everything is mag inspected, changed at mile intervals, and assembled methodically.

I would be happy to coordinate pits, prep the car, do all the transportation, prerunn with you, and split cost. Open to options and different structures.

Thank you,

Reece Pettersen

760-803-0871

Reecepettersen@yahoo.com
You forgot to mention you have your own chase/support/prep/mechanic team........

MTPyle

Reaction
I wonder how that works to share prep cost. Ours is all over the place. It seems like a mess to share in prep cost for such wide range of scenarios. This seems like the issue for us to rent or share our race truck.

Race cost is easier to figure out and share. but I just cant get my head around sharing repairs and prep.

Mike

E.Hagle

Reaction
I’ve always been curious how it goes down when an invited driver come on board and then completely destroys a truck valued at $X00,000

Awkward drive home.

Reaction
I wonder how that works to share prep cost. Ours is all over the place. It seems like a mess to share in prep cost for such wide range of scenarios. This seems like the issue for us to rent or share our race truck.

Race cost is easier to figure out and share. but I just cant get my head around sharing repairs and prep.

Mike
Several ways to do it based on conversations with people that have done it in the past. It all has to be documented with a contract. A few options, for example...

1) Somebody does all manual labor (prep) and other party pays for the parts
2) Person that does not own or prep vehicle pays for seat time per mile
3) Have 3rd party prep the car and split cost proportionate with driving time

Idea is to have goal alignment with your partner and make sure everyone has the same expectations.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Our truck will not be ready for the 2022 season. Does this offer extend to 2023?
I will talk to our driver and see if he might be interested.

Zac Reish

Reaction
Who pays for a wrecked car?

This really depends on the team. No driver wants to break or crash someone else’s car. I have driven for several teams. Some that don’t have a chance in hell to win. In these cases I’m going to drive my section so they can get back a car that’s in perfect condition and I’m basically a position holder for my section of the race. Not a winning pace.

I have driven for teams that have the equipment to win and want to win. When going for wins in a competitive class you run the risk of crashing. If you are not pushing through the dust for passes and taking every reasonable opportunity to make a pass you can’t win. When you drive like this it’s only a matter of time before you wreck. It’s impossible to avoid crashing. Every winner crashes or rolls. Ever single winner. In these cases I make the team sign a contract stating I will not take any responsibility for breaking or crashing.

And then there is the good friend situation and each team needs to discuss what they expect regarding worst case scenario.

When I get help driving I put my trust in that person and I take responsibility for any and all their actions and pay for whatever damage they cause because at the end of the day it was my decision to have them drive my car and I have to take responsibility for that decision regardless of whether it works on not.

Hope this helps.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Always been curious how it plays out when you grenade a $50k motor or how the deals play out after a TT is off to be pulled apart for spare parts. The off-road world seems to be a huge pay to play game and sometimes you see someone like Arciero have their equipment and large investment burn to the ground, leaves the average bear scratching his head wondering how you recoup from such an event.

Robert Mason

Reaction

Driving Experience
    • Miller Welder
    • Generator
    • & More….

Thank you,

Reece Pettersen

760-803-0871

Reecepettersen@yahoo.com
Sounds like you have everything you need minus the race truck. We can change that!

cjohnson

Reaction
Always been curious how it plays out when you grenade a $50k motor or how the deals play out after a TT is off to be pulled apart for spare parts. The off-road world seems to be a huge pay to play game and sometimes you see someone like Arciero have their equipment and large investment burn to the ground, leaves the average bear scratching his head wondering how you recoup from such an event.
It does boggle the mind when there are teams with close to million dollar trophy trucks but it works basically the same way it does for a low budget racer. The amounts on the checks are just higher. It's all relative.