Looks like menzies and JC Lopez Penalized, Vildosola Wins.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Several penalized. Looks live Tavo takes the win.

Attachments

• vildosola wins !.jpg
    vildosola wins !.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 84

TauMau

Reaction
The same team stripped of the Baja 1000 crown due to cheating wins San Felipe due to good behavior. The universe appears to be functioning correctly.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
JCR Honda Colton Udall and Timmy Weigand official bike winners. Lots of changes after finish.

Was KTM, JCR, KAWI, ?, Norman

Now JCR, KTM, Norman......

Demonturtle

Reaction
Once again.............................I'M TIRED OF RACES BEING WON PY PENALTIES AND PROTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C Robinson

Reaction
Once again.............................I'M TIRED OF RACES BEING WON PY PENALTIES AND PROTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tavo was leading at the end of the race and had to do a driver change for points, thats why he dropped to second.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction

They need to get rid of the course cutting and rule breaking. The win should go to the fastest.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
gotta work on a better sistem. Tavo getting stripped of the baja 1000 win for a screwdriver to the bumper 10 days later is a no no. Stripping Menzies 1 day later is a no no too.

green787

Reaction
Is there an official explanation??? What's the story???

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
This BS really gives a black eye to the pinnacle of desert racing.... and we could still see some videos that will further change the results??? What did Bryce do? What did Caselli do? geez.... this is getting old.

BGRANT

Reaction
I believe KTM had a creative line. Breauxman reported it pretty early in the race.

baja fan

Reaction
yeah but how CREATIVE can I be... that´s the problem ...why aren´t we using the same system used by WRC ... no chance for a short course there and every team knows where you are...

Petepecas

Reaction
This BS really gives a black eye to the pinnacle of desert racing.... and we could still see some videos that will further change the results??? What did Bryce do? What did Caselli do? geez.... this is getting old.[/QUOTE

if they cheated, what do you suggest should happen? just let them off the hook so no one is inconvenienced? The rulebook exists for a reason.

Bryan J

Reaction
I'm just happy that there is some equity. I think if you break the rules you get penalized. end of story. congrats Tavo!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
So according to some of you I should buy a Porsche Carrera 4s (all wheel drive) and just haul butt down the asphalt and then hit the dirt for like the last quarter mile and Bingo! Score champion!

It's not the system, it's racing. In racing you constantly push the envelope looking for an edge, some people occasionally go too far. Once EVERYONE learns that if you go too far you will get caught then there will be no controversy and we'll all have to hang out on Fb from lack of drama. Riiighhhttt! ;)

TRUKTOR

Reaction
Well, it all depends what the infractions were. That part of the equation has not been released yet.It is interesting that two Of the top 4 trucks ( before penalties - Vidosola's and PIN's ) did not appear on tracking all day, so I don't know how That might have affected the standings, if at all.

The promoter has to try to keep the playing field level, with a field of Competitors looking for any advantage, fair or not. The "eyes" on the course are increasing, but it is still wide open desert, so the opportunities for creative lines are still There. No question that past race winners have not been penalized ,because they either didn't get caught, or there was Not enough evidence to overturn the results.

Given the nature of it all, I don't think you can expect final results at the moment they roll across the line- if the promoter Doesn't have time to decipher the tracker information and make adjustments if necessary, why run them ?
Who runs a shorter course by accident ? What is the difference between a " Creative line" and a "Cheater line " ? I mean, besides the Funtimes, comraderie and tacos, and learning the course, Prerunning is also the time that the Creative Lines are devised, in hopes that they are either invisible, or just skirt the line , and don't rise to the level of A Cheater line.
If nobody ever cut any course, trackers would not be part of the landscape, and you could hand out the trophy at the line, And not worry about it. Courses don't cut themselves....it is the result of planning, and it is a challenge to the promoter To try and keep a lid on it.

I think re-shuffled standings are just part of the process. Nobody likes it, but I think it is better than just counting on the Idea that the first truck over the line got there cleanly. It is the racers that are making it happen, not the race organizer.

Nobody wants to end Prerunning in BAJA, but course cutting is a byproduct of it. Dakar's solution is A course that you don't know until you get the route book ( except for clever Google Earth homework), BITD has eliminated Prerunning. IN BAJA, however, Prerunning is such a part of the process, nobody Wants to outlaw it, never mind how the race organizer might be expected to enforce a ban....with the Course already marked and laid out. So, with Prerunning comes creative lines. With Creative lines comes Re-shuffled finishing orders.