LOORRS unlimited lites?

Slash01z

Reaction
What happened with the large amount of unlimited lights racing the lucas series. I swear at the last 2 rounds they almost had 20! Now tonight there are only 10? Could somone explain what i missed or why the decrease in the field of trucks? I will say they really increased the u-4 class and also sounds like the u-2 class is almost 20 trucks deep!

I can't even dream of seeing almost 20 pro 4/u-4, or almost 30 pro 2/u2 trucks on the track in one racing series. LOORRS, TORC try to work together the 2010 season and get 1 series with not only great racing but a huge amount of large sponsors and a great great tv deal.

I am a total TORC fan but I will say lucas great work on getting the u-4 truck count to double digits.

forktom

Reaction
having been to both race series...it really makes me miss CORR. what if lucas oil could sponser one race weekend in primm along with rc10. then a few weeks later amsoil and traxxas would sponser a race in crandon. but all under the same rules and series and points fund. kinda like nascar...the coke 600 in may then the pepsi 400 in july..i think coke bought that second daytona race though...

Nukldragger

Reaction
12 trucks in the field for LOORS this weekend, and if I'm not mistaken, there were only 9 at Bark River.

We talked to a few Lite teams this weekend that were parked for lack of $$$.

jmason912

Reaction
12 trucks in the field for LOORS this weekend, and if I'm not mistaken, there were only 9 at Bark River.

We talked to a few Lite teams this weekend that were parked for lack of $$$.

How much money is Lucas Oil paying some of those U4's and U2's to race? They all have Lucas Oil stickers on them or a Team lucas sponsor.

prolite#7

Reaction
we would have raced but a blown engine in practice put us out for the weekend

Slash01z

Reaction

I wasnt trying to say that TORC had almost as many pro lites I was just wondering why it went from 20 to 12 at the same location a month later. You cant use bark river. They have naver had many pro trucks and there the farthest track from any west coast guys. Perris had 16 and texas 12 or 14. This was not my point to start a fight but just disapointing how corr alone had 30+ every race last year and now the 2 series added together hardly ever reach 30.

The lucas sponsors is the only way to get more then 5 trucks in u-4 and more then 10 in u-2.
Lucas is looking and buying trucks and begging drivers to come and race for his series. so they dont have to combine classes.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Hopefully I get this post in before this thread gets locked down!

As someone who fielded a Pro-Lite last year in CORR, and parked so far, this is my take on the situation...

Many of the Unlimited Lite/ Pro-Light guys are trying to make a name for themselves in the entry level PRO class so that they can eventually find enough support to move up to the fullsize trucks. These people don't have quite the level of disposable income that the privateer U-2/ U-4/ Pro 4x4/ Pro 2wd guys do, so they are the first casualties when times get tough. Many of them had some savings left and used it up in the first half of the season hoping to land a sponsor that could help propel them through the end of the season. Every year, the car count grows from the first weekend to the second, plateaus through the third event, and after half way through the season class counts start to thin out. These same senarious are playing out in the Kart classes too...

Now if the entry fees were $300-400 for the Lites and $150 for the karts, class counts would go back up some. I know that missing kart teams would more than offset the decreased entry with added ticket sales. I'm not sure if the Lites would bring in an additional $600-700 of gate fees per truck, but mine would have brought in 4 adult weekend passes @ $50ea. on top of the $300-400 entry. We're hoping to save enough up to run Primm and the December events with LOORS and the September and October TORC events in our Lite (with Brent driving).

Nukldragger

Reaction

I wasnt trying to say that TORC had almost as many pro lites I was just wondering why it went from 20 to 12 at the same location a month later. You cant use bark river. They have naver had many pro trucks and there the farthest track from any west coast guys. Perris had 16 and texas 12 or 14. This was not my point to start a fight but just disapointing how corr alone had 30+ every race last year and now the 2 series added together hardly ever reach 30.

The lucas sponsors is the only way to get more then 5 trucks in u-4 and more then 10 in u-2.
Lucas is looking and buying trucks and begging drivers to come and race for his series. so they dont have to combine classes.

And my point was not to continue one....

My point is that truck counts are down in both series. Several of the lite teams are funded by construction or construction related businesses. Construction is in the tank right now...so consequently no funding.

And some of what Brian said as well.

todd5c

Reaction
running costs are exactly why we picked our motor platform. as said before its a class to try and make a name for yourself and move up to fullsize. we can run a $3500 dollar, factory sealed engine all year, a $1000 automatic trans and everyone has an even power playing field. we can run with esslingers, not run away from them.

07FJRog

Reaction

IF Lucas is buying trucks for peeps to drive, I'LL take one! lol

ProLite13

Reaction

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65753

This is why read the rest of the story here. ^^^^^ (And I'm just the dumb Plumber all I'm supposed to know is shi@t flows down hill and pay day is on Friday):D

Top 10 doesn't hold much merit either when there is only 12 trucks racing. I saw this coming from miles away, wake up f-cksticks it should not be directly related to the construction economy like it is. All out of pocket for most teams what a joke.

It won't be long now you will have the top 3 rockstar/lucas names on the track only and then it will move to the X games from there. Notice I did not say trucks/drivers.

Wow Lucas stepping up to buy trucks and begging racers to race? Don't know about that one, but with the right tools provided you could bet there would be more racers on the track right now. Just sayin... just sayin.

DP:cool:

Slash01z

Reaction
The whole thing about the lucas oil sponsorship is this.

Robby woods starts season with no major sponsor. does great at speedworld and boom lucas sponsors him. For robby its great because he can race for sure now the rest of the season and lucas knows he will always have 1 pro 2. Same goes for any driver. Lucas sponsors them they get to race truck counts stay up. Look at both herbst had many sponsors last year couldnt even race the u-4 this year lucas gives them sponsorship they get to race and its 2 more trucks for lucas so both are happy in the end. This is ok untill lucas turns into Jim Baldwin in one year and is in as big as a debt as he was that he cant dig out of causing the colapse of LOORRS. Thats just what I see is going on though anyone else feel free to give there opinion.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction

Robby woods starts season with no major sponsor. does great at speedworld and boom lucas sponsors him. For robby its great because he can race for sure now the rest of the season and lucas knows he will always have 1 pro 2. Same goes for any driver. Lucas sponsors them they get to race truck counts stay up. Look at both herbst had many sponsors last year couldnt even race the u-4 this year lucas gives them sponsorship they get to race and its 2 more trucks for lucas so both are happy in the end. This is ok untill lucas turns into Jim Baldwin in one year and is in as big as a debt as he was that he cant dig out of causing the colapse of LOORRS. Thats just what I see is going on though anyone else feel free to give there opinion.

This is no different then TORC offering to pay for travel for racers. The major difference is that Lucas is NO Baldwin, he has WAY MORE resources then Jim ever had.

I think putting your brand on a the vehicles is a much better idea then just giving out some money for travel. At least with putting the brand on the vehicles it will get some face time, pictures, TV and so on.

My $.02

rockpiledriver

Reaction
Hey Traxxas fanboy, Whats worse the darkness or the smell?

Fixed it for ya Chuck.

The fanboy is just that. No clue about anything to do with the LORRS series.

Hey slash boy have you been to a LOORS race? Do you have anything to back that rediculous comment? :rolleyes:

baja619

Reaction

Super Bogus statement with nothing but a pile of speculation to dress it up. You had better simmer your comments down because you appear very foolish.