Loors Modified Kart Mulligans

1mskm

Reaction
First of all Congratulations to Sheldon Creed ! Good job Zack Hunt for second place ! Well heres the story . The green flag drops and all is well , we do 5 laps and Lee desides its to dusty and unsafe and pulls all the karts into the hot pit , The kids are waiting while the water truck goes out and waters . The karts go back out the green flag waves , the first corner 2 cars slide out everyone gets by safe next corner 1 car slides out everyone is by safe , next corner 1 car slides sideways everyone gets by safe , Now the race is on Im telling my son drive slow its slippery and hes doing an awesome job to not overdrive his car , in 2 laps moves from 12th to
4th and at this time all cars are back racing and my boy is one happy kid on the radio ! Then LEE stops the race ,Red flag again ( Remember at this time all cars are racing) Now after 2 laps of full on racing He desides to line the cars back up from the order they came out before the water truck watered? All cars have an equal chance when the track is WET you made a decision to water the track , thats fine ,WE RACE ON MUDDY WET TRACKS ALL THE TIME . We have cars spin out all the time, its racing . To say the least I am very dissappointed and I know some other people are to . Is there a good explanation of why you would do this ? It was not unsafe ,we race in mud all the time . I spend alot of money and time to do this sport and just ask for a fair shake !
I usually dont put this kind of thing on a forum but I am frustrated and my son is super bummed out :( he feels he he got punished for driving good ( not to mention the points he lost ) Am I the only one that feels this way ? Lee any explanation?

Mitch

Last edited:

07FJRog

Reaction
yours was not the only one this happened too.

and actually Sheldon did not dominate the weekend, and he was not leading all of Sundays race either, but congrats to him just the same on his win :) and all the top finishers this weekend.

1mskm

Reaction

and actually Sheldon did not dominate the weekend, and he was not leading all of Sundays race either, but congrats to him just the same on his win :) and all the top finishers this weekend.
Sorry wrong wording , I was refering to sundays race ! Congratulations to Conner Hart for the Saturday win !!!!

boltco

Reaction
What did happen with that race? I was there with my son and we wondering why after the restart and some cars spun out they restarted again a second time. I never saw this happen in the 2 trucks or 4 trucks. As a matter of fact, thats entertaining for the spectators.Was this race one of those PUT ON races like the monster trucks do?When will racing be racing again?
First of all Congratulations to Sheldon Creed ! Good job Zack Hunt for second place ! Well heres the story . The green flag drops and all is well , we do 5 laps and Lee desides its to dusty and unsafe and pulls all the karts into the hot pit , The kids are waiting while the water truck goes out and waters . The karts go back out the green flag waves , the first corner 2 cars slide out everyone gets by safe next corner 1 car slides out everyone is by safe , next corner 1 car slides sideways everyone gets by safe , Now the race is on Im telling my son drive slow its slippery and hes doing an awesome job to not overdrive his car , in 2 laps moves from 12th to
4th and at this time all cars are back racing and my boy is one happy kid on the radio ! Then LEE stops the race ,Red flag again ( Remember at this time all cars are racing) Now after 2 laps of full on racing He desides to line the cars back up from the order they came out before the water truck watered? All cars have an equal chance when the track is WET you made a decision to water the track , thats fine ,WE RACE ON MUDDY WET TRACKS ALL THE TIME . We have cars spin out all the time, its racing . To say the least I am very dissappointed and I know some other people are to . Is there a good explanation of why you would do this ? It was not unsafe ,we race in mud all the time . I spend alot of money and time to do this sport and just ask for a fair shake !
I usually dont put this kind of thing on a forum but I am frustrated and my son is super bummed out :( he feels he he got punished for driving good ( not to mention the points he lost ) Am I the only one that feels this way ? Lee any explanation?

Mitch

Last edited:

proud dad

Reaction
hes doing an awesome job to not overdrive his car , in 2 laps moves from 12th to 4th and at this time all cars are back racing and my boy is one happy kid on the radio ! Then LEE stops the race ,Red flag again ( Remember at this time all cars are racing) Now after 2 laps of full on racing He desides to line the cars back up from the order they came out before the water truck watered? All cars have an equal chance when the track is WET you made a decision to water the track , thats fine ,WE RACE ON MUDDY WET TRACKS ALL THE TIME . We have cars spin out all the time, its racing . To say the least I am very dissappointed and I know some other people are to . Is there a good explanation of why you would do this ? It was not unsafe ,we race in mud all the time . I spend alot of money and time to do this sport and just ask for a fair shake !

Mitch
Mitch, You are exactly right! We have always had to deal with a watered track. This weekend it was to the extreme the opposite way. They sent the kids out there in complete blind dust so they needed to water. Normally the tracks have been wider so the kids have more room to pass and choose different lines which is what I believe was the real problem here! I dont believe they should have used the whole big track but definatly could have used some of it like turn 1 for example to give 21 trucks enough room to race instead of play follow the leader. Nobody likes a race full of cautions! When we race at PAS there is far less crashing because the track is bigger!

As your son did, Mitchell was paying attention to the track conditions and went from 16th to 5th place. We are in a points race too and both Mitchell and Mitch Jr. had a chance to podium. That is until a handful of kids spun out and they started the race over and only gave them 5 laps to make it up????? THE MAJORITY OF RACERS DID NOT SPIN OUT so what was the reasoning behind this. It seems that the kids racing smart were the ones punished here!

I'm right there with you with having a devastated kid. Whats my answer to him about why he was penalized for racing smart and passing clean. We had spectators come up to our pit after the race and make comments that they were confused about the restart, thought it was completely unjustified.

scott creed

Reaction

were did it say sheldon dominated the weekend, your right he did not lead all of the race on sunday, he had an 5 sec lead when it was to dusty, and a 8 sec lead in the mud in 2 laps, explain the positions for the restart after raceing two laps under green, i don't ever go around saying sheldon dominated anywhere he races hard and is very respectful to his fellow racers but he races to win as everyone out there should.

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
I was out on track Sunday and when they were out after watering there was essentially zero grip and it made for bad racing.

proud dad

Reaction
I was out on track Sunday and when they were out after watering there was essentially zero grip and it made for bad racing.
Those conditions are what we always race in! The track will never be perfect conditions and thats why you adjust your driving which is what the kids are in training for as racers. Again the majority of the racers didnt spin out!

proud dad

Reaction
Hey Scott, Congratulations! Sheldon did an awesome job. He's a great little driver we love racing with you guys.

07FJRog

Reaction
were did it say sheldon dominated the weekend, your right he did not lead all of the race on sunday, he had an 5 sec lead when it was to dusty, and a 8 sec lead in the mud in 2 laps, explain the positions for the restart after raceing two laps under green, i don't ever go around saying sheldon dominated anywhere he races hard and is very respectful to his fellow racers but he races to win as everyone out there should.
It was edited later.

Congrats again.

Rog

07FJRog

Reaction
Yep! Even if they felt it necessary to do a restart the real problem was that they took their place away from them.
exactly, this happened to many of youngsters :(

Lenker

Reaction
Yea we had told blake that the track was gonna be wet. blake and all the others that came out of that first turn clean in my eyes are the expirienced ones. the better drivers know how to handle those conditions, blake had move up to 6th place right behind mitchel. we all know blake is still in his 250 and that was a little door for him to do a little better because of his good driving ability. after they stoped the race, they moved him back to his original position, and restarted the race. on the first lap he got tangled with an less expirenced driver and didnt finish the race... bummer

Racer Ron

Reaction
Sundays race was a mess, congrates to sheldon. but your right Scotty... everyone should race to win, and we may see the more aggresive side of Connor come out in the final races.