LOORS Superlite class

JMS

Reaction
Whats the scoop on this class? The trucks look fast and now that they have a real place to race what's everyones opinion?

Is it a spec class?

Whats the payback/contingency like?

Do they have a TV package also?

How reliable are the trucks now, we raced with them at GH last year and the couple that raced both broke?

Whats the cost for a turn key RACE READY car?

Not switchin sides yet, just curious.

Thanx,

JMS

Reaction
Nice! Thanx!

But also hoping to hear from someone who has been racing one with an HONEST opinion on;

How has the reliability been?

What has the typical prep/operating costs been?

Are the Mazda motors reliable, seem like they might be a bit tempermental?

Any weak points or things that should or have been updated/upgraded from the original trucks built?

Looks like a cool class, I've always wanted to give pro-lite a shot but the trucks are outdated technology now and cost waaaaaay to much to run so this looks like it might be a good cost effective alternative? I imagine the lap times are not too far off from what the Pro Lites are putting down?

Racer3011

Reaction
these trucks are amazing i have driven, raced and preped these trucks. The trucks are very well built and probally the most reliable thing i have ever driven. As far as the motor we havent had any problems. The prep ranges in price depending on how well you actually prep your car. i raced last night and was running with a pro lite. The trucks are dependable fun and fast. give speed technologies a call and they could help you out some more. as for the tv time every race is on speed channel and our last race is live on nbc.

fullthrottle

Reaction
Racer3011

You looked good in the FPO Superlite last night! Just keep the hood on!:)

r.c.t.

Reaction
These trucks are fun!! I had the chance to ride with dempsey a few weeks ago at perris, had a great time. fast and handled pretty well. This is a good starter class for anyone gettin stared.

baja619

Reaction
Whats the scoop on this class? The trucks look fast and now that they have a real place to race what's everyones opinion?

Is it a spec class?

Whats the payback/contingency like?

Do they have a TV package also?

How reliable are the trucks now, we raced with them at GH last year and the couple that raced both broke?

Whats the cost for a turn key RACE READY car?

Not switchin sides yet, just curious.

Thanx,

What makes you think that PAS is not a "real place to race" ?????????

Have you ever been to the Dirt Alliance M4SX Events? It is extremely competitive and worth the value / investment. Not only that they are alot of fun. I am talking about the series and racing but you could use the same exact terms to describe the FPOs.

Post Production upgrades:
I have seen some corner gussets added to main tubes. (In only saw 2 added.) Chad Leisings (2008 M4SX SxS SuperLite Champion) FPO's main chassis and structure is all powder coated.

TV Package:
Lucas OIL has it going on!!!
"This additional television coverage is added to the already confirmed fifty four hours of television coverage for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series that will be seen on NBC, SPEED, The Outdoor Channel, Versus (Vs) and MavTV. "
http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/n_kwhy.htm

Mazda Rotary:
SuperLite should go full Turn Key Motor "sealed block". I dont know who offers this but is looking into the road racing guys in option? Bully Dog? SPEED Tech? CHUCK? Is int a equal platform what a true drivers class is all about?

D4D

Reaction
A sealed motor is a great idea but not a reality due to the lack of builders to do that with a rotary. And really with a roatary it is not needed. The Rotary is a simple motor and there are very few moving parts and very few things that can be modified to be illegal. The common terms used in rotary engine building are things like street porting and so on. All of these make the sound and the performance of the engine very different so they will be noticed right away. And don't foget there is tech to catch these things ;)

r.c.t.

Reaction
Spec truck!! I thought it was a spec motor (sealed motor) from pineapple racing.

baja619

Reaction
I do know that Pineapple has supplied some of the rotarys. I have no idea if that is required or not. I know Leising got a bum motor from them previously and this new one he ran at the 1st Round of Lucas Oil was good enough to pull off a successful race weekend that claimed a 2nd place finish.

Leising

Reaction
All the motors are built by Pineapple Racing. They all have the same ports. Any change in the Porting will change the pitch of the exhaust due to the change in the overlap. I am on my second motor though in our new truck though, I dont think anyone else has had any problems yet.

WFODAN

Reaction
Just out of curiosity, what does it cost through Pinnapple to have them rebuilt? Or if they need replacing, what is the cost for that?

Leising

Reaction
No idea off the top of my head atleast. I've heard a few motors being rebuilt for a couple grand. All depends on what went wrong ofcourse. Theres not a whole lot to the motors. But the few parts that are in them arnt cheap. I.E. Apex Seals :$700+ just for the seals that go on the rotors themselves and the motor has to come COMPLETELY apart to replace them