LOORS, TORC or NORRS

ryant35

Reaction
I vote for NORRS & SOCCORRAA...:rolleyes:

SEANY

Reaction
no, theres not enough trucks to make a good show at both. my opinion is if rj wants to race he needs to let someone run his series or not drive at all. jon nelson put together a series called "spec truck" it was a circle track series based off the craftsman truck series. great idea until he decided he wanted to put his own team on the track and thats when the whole series took a dump. over 30 trucks were showing up to every race until jons house team started showing up, it was all down hill from there. rj needs to merge with lucas and make one hell of a series that everyone will love. not just a flash in the pan that could kill short course racing for another 10 years. to many chiefs not enough indians if you catch my drift.

forest has cash to back a failing series and help it survive, rj has sponsors that are doing alot but we all know sponsors come and go. i give it a year and either both series die from lack of car count or rj gets smart and hands the rains over to a proven business man who has a golden track record for making diamonds from dust.

i say this with all due respect.

hoeker

Reaction
no, theres not enough trucks to make a good show at both. my opinion is if rj wants to race he needs to let someone run his series or not drive at all.
RJ has already announced he will not race next year, he was bound by contract to Redbull to race this year.

AZOffroad

Reaction
After attending the LOORS last weekend in Phoenix I'd have to say LOORS will succeed. A sell out crowd both days and a very well run/organized event. That was some of the most exciting racing I've seen in a long time. The track was very spectator friendly and LOORS put on a heck of a show.

Although I haven't been to TORC or NORRS yet, I was very impressed with LOORS.

JoeyD23

Reaction
has anyone been to TORC or NORRS yet? LOL, J/K

I say Merge all 3 and make a super series!!!

birdman

Reaction
Yes RJ is racing in the serries this year, but only because of a contract with red bull. He has a great name that helps promote the racing, has the PDG behind him(which has most top named pros in it), he now has his races on great tv, and he has USAC making the calls during the race so there is nothing biased going on. I think he has a lot of great things going on here so lets wait and see what happens the first weekend... from what it looked like LOORS did put on a great show, very nice to see the stands that full, how many people was it? all i heard was sell out but i didnt hear any numbers. It would be nice to see both keep on going, but what we need is for a nation wide series to stay going so you have the best pros from all areas of the country competing each other. and only torc so far offers that.

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
What's amazing is that both the TORC Crandon Fall event and the LOORS Primm event will be airing on LIVE network TV. I think you'll see most (if not all) of the top drivers at both of these events regardless of the series they're committed to. I think both of these events will be decisive "major championship" type events where ALL the top drivers come together and we get to see who the best really are. These should both be pretty huge events and everyone ought to consider making their travel plans now if you plan to go.

Also, both series should start promoting these extraordinary events now, just like AMA Supercross starts promoting the Live Las Vegas finale right from the beginning of their season.

SEANY

Reaction
RJ has already announced he will not race next year, he was bound by contract to Redbull to race this year.
Oh awesome I did not know that. That will be better but I still think they should merge.

metalcore_xxx

Reaction
My opinion is that they wont last. I think Lucas will last longer than the others. I wish them all luck and success though. If you look back at this time last year, I thought CORR was going to last for a long time, and WSORR was going to fail, but CORR failed, then WSORR disappeared after the pending merger with RJ. So you never know what will happen. Ricky had great intentions with the PDG and picked up the slack with the CORR cancellations with his Off Road Grand Prix. But Lucas Oil came along and got their series off to a great start. I was at the TORC practice, and they have good drivers and a seemingly solid plan. NORRS doesn't have any names out there, and a track change, which isn't making them look good. Bottom line is all the money, sponsors, and tv time doesn't mean anything if you don't have racers and spectators and on the other hand, all the talent and attention doesn't mean anything if you can't fund the series. I think there needs to be one national series with regional sportsman classes, maybe utv/karts on the west and enduro/classix on the east. There will always be smaller series like Glen Helen and M4SX for local racing, but there should be one national series for pro drivers.

baja619

Reaction
I do not see 3 series making it out of this year in good shape but I do see LOORS and TORC Kicking ass with great racing, great venues, sold out crowds, and outstanding TV Programming. Good luck to all.

I believe there was something like 6500 on the high side at the Surprise Speed World Event for LOORS 3 & 4

DRTNYRI

Reaction
LOORRS is already succeeding... :D

Two fabulous weekends of racing so far this season... all the way around... ;)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
There is no way to answer this question yet. 2 of the 3 series are yet to have their first race so really none of us can guess anything about them.

Ask this question in about 3 months.

gmmvp42

Reaction
Of course in this climate it seems rational to take a negative outlook, but I am curious as to why some think Ricky J./TORQ would not have a positive influence/outcome? Why would he suddenly become a failure? Yeah I'm a local hometown homer, but I don't see Ricky making a bad decision for the future of short course racing/TORQ. Hopefully each is able to succeed in offering multiple opportunities for racers and fans. just my .02.

Brutpwr

Reaction
Well its really too early to tell but it sure seems all are onto a great start. If they can all succeed that would be great but in the end it would probably be better if only one ends up with all the top pros attending and maybe another series for the less serious pros (well your "local pros") or tracks filling most areas of the country like you kind of have for circle track and motocross etc now. I hope with all the exposure that Short Course Off Road racing can become much bigger than it has been in the past and so far it seems to be heading in that direction. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope the economy can improve shortly as that is going to be a hurdle to the succuss of short course racing as much as anything.

Jason :)

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
I think the thing that bothers many of us hard-"CORR" fans, is that we want to see Greaves, Douglas, LeDuc, RobMac, Renezeder, Huseman, Welchel, and all the fast top dogs race together -- against each other. With TORC and LOORS and NORRS each being so independent, and the racers seeming to pick one series only, this isn't gonna happen. That is the problem. We all want to see the best go up against the best.

The lightbulb in my tiny brain says to create the FOURTH SERIES (like taco bell fourth meal)..... consisting of one race weekend... The FOURTH SERIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOTOUT! Held in mid-December, the top 10 racers from each series qualifies... Pro2, Pro4, ProLite, buggies, utvs, trophy karts.

Details to follow... oh, yeah, braking nooz! I have a CBS/NBC/TNN/ABC/SPIKE/ESPN/ESPN2/SPEED/VS contract for LIVE TV! BOO Yahhhh~!

diamondvisiondan

Reaction
I think the thing that bothers many of us hard-"CORR" fans, is that we want to see Greaves, Douglas, LeDuc, RobMac, Renezeder, Huseman, Welchel, and all the fast top dogs race together -- against each other. With TORC and LOORS and NORRS each being so independent, and the racers seeming to pick one series only, this isn't gonna happen. That is the problem. We all want to see the best go up against the best.

The lightbulb in my tiny brain says to create the FOURTH SERIES (like taco bell fourth meal)..... consisting of one race weekend... The FOURTH SERIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOTOUT! Held in mid-December, the top 10 racers from each series qualifies... Pro2, Pro4, ProLite, buggies, utvs, trophy karts.
You just named the TORC lineup, minus Carl. :D
Do you suppose Carl will come to Crandon, as history dictates he may, for the World Championships?

eric2448

Reaction
You guys cant forget, this new era of short course is still in its infancy here on the west coast, big name drivers arent very big here yet. LOORRS has proven that it doesnt need the big name guys to draw fans, its about the racing. TORCs west coast tracks, all two of them that are official so far, arent close to the type of tracks CORR built and LOORS currently runs at. One TORC sponsor already publicly said that PAS was too small for these trucks to showcase their power; this was mentioned during the PDG test session. I think Lucas will control the west til TORC can find some purpose built facilities; although I read that PALA is the TBD date on their schedule but havent heard anything about the track yet. TORC still has to run its first race and LOORRS has to maintain car/truck counts after TORC gets under way. The Lucas Oil name is everywhere and thats the advantage they will hold when they begin moving east and as long as theyre providing TV for every class as they currently are, they should have no problem growing the series although they will have to split the non-pro classes into regions as TORC has done. I think there is no definitive answer to the question of who will win; Lucas has tons of money and successful businesses with plenty of sponsors that have faithfully worked with them throughout the years and TORC has the support of many of the former CORR sponsors with the leadership of the former WSORR series. I see the PDG being redundant some day, LOORRS has shown that they are no CORR and dont need a drivers group to get them to listen, if you race TORC you shouldnt have to be a union/TDG/PDG (whatever) member to have your voice heard. One series will win this war... who it will be, who knows, we'll see what it all looks like in a few months.

NORRS has very limited sponsorship and claims its getting all sorts of money from some company, but what happens when said company wants an ROI... they pull the plug and NORRS is gone. Once NORRS runs a race weekend, Im sure it will be easier to gauge weather or not theyre for real and if they stand a chance against the big 2.