Lordstown Motors Electric Truck Racing San Felipe 250

Tube ride

Reaction
964FF715-3268-4689-8921-E2B18E3B06A0.png54C0BBD8-3707-41CD-8B2F-CF123029F835.jpeg

mrlentle

Reaction
As Total Loss said-I have no problem with people building or driving electric cars, I just don't think I should have to A. Subsidize them, and B. Have black or brownouts due to extreme taxing of the power system because a bunch of rich elitists like looking woke in their Teslas cruising the Beach. Want electric cars? Build more nuke and hydro power plants.
Genuine question - do you guys have power supply issues in this regard? Our electricity consumption (from what I'm told) has reduced rather than increased due to efficiency of everyday appliances etc compared to historical units. (I'm in New Zealand).

jon coleman

Reaction
pretty much, kalifornia is mandated by the " climate action plan" to have a certain percentage of " renewable" energy, solar( useless at night) wind( well, no wind no sparks), and a general lack of keeping up with the population, kali is 39 million people, our elect.generation increase basically stopped at 20 million decades ago, kali imports juice from other states/ Mexico , which burn coal, yes, kali has brown & black outs, they say for fire prevention, Bullshy t, kali is a joke.cheers,

Wicked Al

Reaction
pretty much, kalifornia is mandated by the " climate action plan" to have a certain percentage of " renewable" energy, solar( useless at night) wind( well, no wind no sparks), and a general lack of keeping up with the population, kali is 39 million people, our elect.generation increase basically stopped at 20 million decades ago, kali imports juice from other states/ Mexico , which burn coal, yes, kali has brown & black outs, they say for fire prevention, Bullshy t, kali is a joke.cheers,
California has issues with electricity and water and have had for awhile. It is not an EV issue. I know they get a lot of power from Palo Verde nuclear in AZ. Pebble bed reactors are pretty good, CA should invest in a few.

Energy use. Peak times. Solar and wind augment peak demands. For the most part, EV’s charge at off peak hours. This doesn’t drive demand during peak times but allows for better use of base capacity generation facilities. The way technology is going with EV’s, it will be easy to have vehicle to grid which will allow even more offset of peak energy demands.

Subsidies. Who wants to subsidize anything? We’ve been subsidizing fossil fuels from day one. Many people look at “well to tailpipe” to get a more accurate picture of the carbon footprint of the various energy sources. I like to take it one step further and say “well to well”. In other words, round trip. When we do that we look at all of the other subsidies we provide fossil fuels such as our health and our environment. That damage is deep but because it’s not in our face, we tend to ignore it. In any form of impact of the various fuels, fossil is not at the top of any good trait. It’s familiar, we’re used to it, but as with anything, we always need to look at options and see if there is anything better. Note, I did say better, not perfect, perfection does not exist, all we can do is better and EV’s are that.

Personally I think the latest pebble bed nuclear reactors augmented by renewables is an awesome combination. I don’t know of any single source that is ideal, it’s going to take a smart mix.

Tube ride

Reaction
The real problem is the waste. Any answer you got other than yucca mountain is temporary, and yucca mountain is still a notion that would take decades of cooperation to make a reality. Nuclear waste is piling up all over the world with no good plan for it , and the pebble beds are no exception they are creating more solid waste than the rod types.

jon coleman

Reaction
California has issues with electricity and water and have had for awhile. It is not an EV issue. I know they get a lot of power from Palo Verde nuclear in AZ. Pebble bed reactors are pretty good, CA should invest in a few.

Energy use. Peak times. Solar and wind augment peak demands. For the most part, EV’s charge at off peak hours. This doesn’t drive demand during peak times but allows for better use of base capacity generation facilities. The way technology is going with EV’s, it will be easy to have vehicle to grid which will allow even more offset of peak energy demands.

Subsidies. Who wants to subsidize anything? We’ve been subsidizing fossil fuels from day one. Many people look at “well to tailpipe” to get a more accurate picture of the carbon footprint of the various energy sources. I like to take it one step further and say “well to well”. In other words, round trip. When we do that we look at all of the other subsidies we provide fossil fuels such as our health and our environment. That damage is deep but because it’s not in our face, we tend to ignore it. In any form of impact of the various fuels, fossil is not at the top of any good trait. It’s familiar, we’re used to it, but as with anything, we always need to look at options and see if there is anything better. Note, I did say better, not perfect, perfection does not exist, all we can do is better and EV’s are that.

Personally I think the latest pebble bed nuclear reactors augmented by renewables is an awesome combination. I don’t know of any single source that is ideal, it’s going to take a smart mix.
i say fine, ev charging , could care less on 'what ifs 'on enough juice, i say let the rest of the world build the stuff over there and pollute There ' love canals', we Americans can zipp around in our ' clean ' tesla, while chinese slave labor is beat to death .( ps " smart mix", who, where are the ones who force on us the mixx of " smart"

Attachments

• 34ynhb345yhtr.jpg
    34ynhb345yhtr.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 65

Wicked Al

Reaction
I will 100% take that bet right now. And I am literally spending a Million to encourage EV technology usage.

20 years is a different story
Because of your offer, I have support to build an EV for KOH 2022. Don't expect to be able to cash that check right away, but this is the first step for us to figure out what it would really take to get there and move the tech forward. Already spoke to Kyle to get some idea of what we're looking at. Vehicle format is a short wheelbase UTV custom build chassis with torque steering and the Kolltek Cross Link suspension system. This is going to be fun!

jon coleman

Reaction
is remote power illegal for ev in koh?, like can you ' plug in' for the slow crawl sections?,instead of a winch cable, your co dawg pulls out a ' Power cable' instead..,question on battery placement on a utv, will it be hard like the bigger fuel tank issues?😆yes, post is ridiculous

Last edited:

green787

Reaction
As Total Loss said-I have no problem with people building or driving electric cars, I just don't think I should have to A. Subsidize them, and B. Have black or brownouts due to extreme taxing of the power system because a bunch of rich elitists like looking woke in their Teslas cruising the Beach. Want electric cars? Build more nuke and hydro power plants.
Generally people charge their cars at night when there is way less demand on the grid.... a bunch of poor egalitarians will be cruising the Beach with us too.....

Tube ride

Reaction
This close to the race and no new testing or build pictures? Being sneaky and keeping it hidden doesn’t sound like solid marketing.......I just want to see what they built.

Total Loss

Reaction
I wish I could buy stock in the fact that in 10 years (or less) over 50% of the trucks racing off road will be electric.

Anyone want to bet a few thousand?

—john
On a short course...I see you conveniently left out the word "dezert"...

How many days will Score allow for a peninsula run?

I would take your bet for $100 to a charity but i have no doubt one of us wont be around in 10 years.

I remember dude in my hood had one of the first gen Tesla Roadsters...i was (and still am) very intrigued by the car and the company...as i stated before, i have no issues with electric cars...actually i hope everyone buys one so i have more fuel to burn...i just dont want to subsidize them...even if the initial subsidies are stopped, I still subsidize them on our roads with my fuel taxes.

jon coleman

Reaction

I would take your bet for $100 to a charity but i have no doubt one of us wont be around in 10 years.

I remember dude in my hood had one of the first gen Tesla Roadsters...i was (and still am) very intrigued by the car and the company...as i stated before, i have no issues with electric cars...actually i hope everyone buys one so i have more fuel to burn...i just dont want to subsidize them...even if the initial subsidies are stopped, I still subsidize them on our roads with my fuel taxes.
they are going forward with a mileage tax, which is actually fair for ev, since they pay no road repair tax but get to use the roads My gas tax paid for😆

Bricoop

Reaction

LOL, I know you know California takes all that sweet Gas tax cash and puts it towards the general fund. Our roads suck, but they shouldn't based on the huge revenue gasoline sales generate.

Waiting for the first hybrid TT. Electric powered front wheels, gas powered rear. I know certain teams have looked into this option.

jon coleman

Reaction
LOL, I know you know California takes all that sweet Gas tax cash and puts it towards the general fund. Our roads suck, but they shouldn't based on the huge revenue gasoline sales generate.

Waiting for the first hybrid TT. Electric powered front wheels, gas powered rear. I know certain teams have looked into this option.
ive looked into it, but credit cards are maxxed

Wicked Al

Reaction

Given: all vehicles in a 1000 mile race pit for fuel. Some of those fuel delivery systems have had quite a bit of thought put into them to be able to do what they do. Let's assume that we can figure out how to swap a solid block quickly if we have figured out how to insert a highly flammable liquid quickly. Racers are smart, they will figure it out.

If we can agree on that, let's look at range. I don't have a trophy truck budget so I need some help here. How many fuel stops do you take on the Baja 1000?

Tell me that and we'll see if it makes sense that a battery pack can do the same within ten years.

jon coleman

Reaction
look at cell phones, large flat / thin, so you can slide in and out easy, , encased in carbon fiber for structure strength in a roll over, multiple, different sizes to put all over & inside the car