LORETO 400 Baja CA South

PRECEPTS

Reaction
I was down there a month ago and some locals told me the race was cancelled.

bajabird

Reaction
There was a worry after the "swine flu" change of date for the Dos Mares (La Paz) Race. Mainly about sponsorship issues though... There have been no Swine Flu issues in Baja.

The Loreto hotel association stepped up with sponsorship and filled in the needed money gaps to keep the race going.

If I can help with anyone, I'm more than happy to. It's a fun, fast, little technical, dusty, baja race that goes from the Loreto on the Sea of Cortes across the La Giganta mountain range (Baja 1000, 2007 route) over to the Pacific Ocean, then back up through Comondu (old Baja 1000 route) back over the mountain range and back into Loreto. The race is on. Good prize money, really a fun time too.

JIM BORDEN

Reaction
[FONT=[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"Arial Black"][/FONT]

Hey Tom, We will heading down on the 11th to compete on a Polaris 525 quad and hope to pre run with you. Luckily Al Jordan let me ride the same section I rode in the 2007 Baja 1000. I rode a section on the KTM from Bakersfield that is owned by Brian Campbell. Their team leads the SCORE points race this year in the class 40 battle. So it will be cool to see the same section again. Hate to miss out on the MDR California 200 that weekend with my 1450 truck.Guess somebody else will have to win, LOL
See you at Augies! Hasta, Jim Borden Truck 1494, Bike 413x 2007 Baja 1000

jjordan

Reaction
You guys all have fun..I know my dad has been out running his section on the course and lookin forward to it.

bajabird

Reaction
[FONT=[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"Arial Black"][/FONT]

Hey Tom, We will heading down on the 11th to compete on a Polaris 525 quad and hope to pre run with you. See you at Augies!
Call me when you get into town / and see you at Augies!