• Forum membership has its advantages....

Loreto rooms

Zambo

Well I was going through my reservations and making sure we are all good to go and I noticed that they never charged me for my rooms at Loreto Bay golf resort. Well as you can imagine I called them to find out the deal and they never finished processing the rooms I reserved in FREAKING OCTOBER so now we have no place to stay. Every place in the entire town is sold out evidently. If anybody has any ideas of places that aren't sold out or knows of a team that has extra rooms or any other ideas please let me know. Thanks. Btw I have 8 people including myself but we don't need 8 beds just enough room to sprawl out a little and shower up. Thanks again for any input.

flash

Try Hotel Mar y Sierra on facebook, popular with local racers, about 500 pesos per night
4 star, nice

or
http://www.hotelangra.com/inicio.html, 4 star, 730 pesos per night, very nice

or last resort
Motel Salvatierra, SALVATIERRA NO. 123 NO. E en Loreto Loreto, Teléfono 01 613 135 0021
one star, 350 pesos per night, small rooms, small beds, short beds, no hot water etc

Zambo

Try Hotel Mar y Sierra on facebook, popular with local racers, about 500 pesos per night
4 star, nice

or
Inicio, 4 star, 730 pesos per night, very nice

or last resort
Motel Salvatierra, SALVATIERRA NO. 123 NO. E en Loreto Loreto, Teléfono 01 613 135 0021
one star, 350 pesos per night, small rooms, small beds, short beds, no hot water etc
Thanks I'll check it out.

Zambo

Capitalism is boss. Sometimes supply and demand is no bueno.
Exactly why I made reservations in October.

Also the supply and demand curve is affected somewhat when one entity controls most of the supply.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Any tips on when we should book hotels for the MX1K so we don't get shafted? September or October early enough?

toddz

Also looking for options. We tried our usual places last fall (favorite is Angra) and everything was already full. WTF? Discovered that one person reserved everything in town and we're now trying to get a hold of him without luck so far.

Todd Z.

TRAVISD

Try Airbnb, i had the same issue. Since we found out the dates everything in town was booked. I was in Loreto over Thanksgiving and drove around to a few of the hotels and they told me that they were all booked by the same person.

I was able to find something on Airbnb, otherwise we would be camping.

scary fast hummer

That is why we are camping! Zambo, best of luck finding a room. I wish I could be of more help. Have to admit, this is one area that the North Africa rallies get right. Part of the entry fee is a mattress to throw down on every night in a large tent, showers and meal. Makes the logistics a lot easier and for about the same price. If you need showers, you are welcome to our hose ;-)

Zambo

Ok I think I have a line on a place to stay. Here is a handy tip I figured out. When using vrbo or airbnb, the vast majority of the properties have three night minimum stays. However, if you contact the manager I think a lot of them will waive that requirement at times. So search a three day range to find the properties available then email the guy and see if he will entertain a one night stay. If you only search for the one night you will get few if any results. Hell even buying three nights at the house I found is cheaper than the $711 for the Airbnb someone else posted above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyinbronco

Ok I think I have a line on a place to stay. Here is a handy tip I figured out. When using vrbo or airbnb, the vast majority of the properties have three night minimum stays. However, if you contact the manager I think a lot of them will waive that requirement at times. So search a three day range to find the properties available then email the guy and see if he will entertain a one night stay. If you only search for the one night you will get few if any results. Hell even buying three nights at the house I found is cheaper than the $711 for the Airbnb someone else posted above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just showing you options not just that particular $711.00 ad. Geez. Glad you found a place.

Zambo

I was just showing you options not just that particular $711.00 ad. Geez. Glad you found a place.
Didn't mean to imply I didn't appreciate the link. Just pointing out how to search for more options. Sorry if it came off as ungrateful, it wasn't meant to be.

LantanaTX

Posada de las Flores Loreto usually has rooms during NORRA. It is very nice and reasonable. it is in the square. The catch is they have no parking which is why it is usually available. It is walking distance to the large fenced in lot behind the La Mission Hotel.

JIM BORDEN

My buddy has a two bedroom casita he rents. Old time Desert racer
Let me know and I will give you his number. Very nice

Sent from the RDC gtmMobile App. Get it for l your IOS device todayhufjjkdhhkbkmumrtzkrjlm fhtdiy

Mark Newhan

Posada de las Flores Loreto usually has rooms during NORRA. It is very nice and reasonable. it is in the square. The catch is they have no parking which is why it is usually available. It is walking distance to the large fenced in lot behind the La Mission Hotel.
I think I stayed there last year. Is it the place that has the see through pool on the roof? If so, it's a bad ass place. Too bad I was only in the room for about 4 hours.