LORRS vs TORC

gmmvp42

There has to be a "Championship Race" with the 2 rival series racers duking it out to see who is the best. Will it be Crandon this year celebrating #40? As long as there are rival series, as a fan, I want to see 1 race each year, a Crandon/Riverside Superbowl Race, to settle who is the best. In Pro2, LORRS seems to have new but highly qualified entries such as Ward, Hart, Baldwin, Menzies, along with established vets Whelchel, Renezender, Probst. TORC, and this is just my opinion,seems to have more experienced short course vets from top to bottom in Pro2. So who is the best? The TORC champ or the LORRS champ? Not to mention the NORRS and Glen Helens and M4SX and VORRA etc. Just 1 race, 1 weekend, thats all I ask :) How Badazz would that be?!!

450grl

Great idea, but I vote for Vegas!!! :) Just cuz....I live on the West Coast.....and I like Vegas! ;)

prolite#7

I think that would be the fall Crandon race lots of teams plan on making the trip , CORRY you can ride with me LOL . We do plan to team up with someone and take 2 cars in our trailer :)

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Crandon International Off-Road Raceway
September 4 thru 6 (Labor Day Weekend)

Friday Night
“Decision at Sundown” PRO Light Challenge

Sunday
BorgWarner World Championship Off-Road Races® & BorgWarner Shootout

Your name on the Cup, large Purse, Your photo on the wall of Fame in the Crandon Boardroom, a party in YOUR honor, and a whole year of bragging rights of being King of the Mountain by being the winner of the BorgWarner.

p.s.
Winning in front of 40,000 plus screaming fans:)

racefan2041

Crandon International Off-Road Raceway
September 4 thru 6 (Labor Day Weekend)

Friday Night
“Decision at Sundown” PRO Light Challenge

Sunday
BorgWarner World Championship Off-Road Races® & BorgWarner Shootout

Your name on the Cup, large Purse, Your photo on the wall of Fame in the Crandon Boardroom, a party in YOUR honor, and a whole year of bragging rights of being King of the Mountain by being the winner of the BorgWarner.

p.s.
Winning in front of 40,000 plus screaming fans

I agree with this.
If you think you are the best then enter the BorgWarner race and try to prove it to 40,000 plus fans.

450grl

I think that would be the fall Crandon race lots of teams plan on making the trip , CORRY you can ride with me LOL . We do plan to team up with someone and take 2 cars in our trailer :)
Alrighty - save me a seat! LOL!

CMI CHUCK

Can someone clarify this for me. I have been told that if we go back to run Crandon for the 40th, No mater how we qualify we still have to start from the back because we are not apart of the year long series. This is in the Pro Buggy class.

Slash01z

I would say that you would probably start from the back if there was no qualifying but since there is Torc shouldnt make the mistake Corr and wsorr did last year making other series people start in the back. They should let you start where you qualify. You would need to ask the proffesional Ross Hoek for the "correct "answer:D

racefan2041

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone clarify this for me. I have been told that if we go back to run Crandon for the 40th, No mater how we qualify we still have to start from the back because we are not apart of the year long series. This is in the Pro Buggy class.

That was a rule when it was WSORR. But I think it was only for the pro truck classes. Now with TORC I'm not sure if they have that rule.

ragracin

Keep in mind that the Borgwarner is Pro 2 and Pro 4 so if you win, you are really the king. Carl R. they called you Crandon Carl, are you going to let your fans down or are you showing up for the fall run? Let it be one weekend for both sides to come together for a common cause. Let everyone have one weekend of fun and getting along. Sheedaisy, are you in?? I know you like Crandon. Even the Dem. and Rep. have dinner together in Washington once a year. As far as 40,000 fans, this year lets try and make it at least 50,000. I live in Crandon so I will start hauling pallets for the pit party about a month ahead. We will call it "RDC 2009 festival"

Slash01z

They might have to set temperary grandstands up next to the wheel chair deck are for 50,000 fans which would look awesome on tv!

handmethemic

I know that as WSORR rules went, no matter who you were or when you showed up, you'd start outside the inversion if that's where you were in points. If you show up just for Crandon, unless your zero points are enough to put you inside the inversion, you start second row. I do not know if TORC rules are the same, however.

BF_702

The Borg Warner cup is a Crandon thing, not sure if TORC has any say in this. Best thing to do would be to check with Jake and Cliff. my.021/2

Steve_Naughton

TORC does not have any say in the "decision at sundown" and the "Borg Warner cup" races. These two events are independent of any series and are the ONLY major championships in short course off road racing. Personally, I hope that Crandon puts politics aside and makes these major championships true "open" events. Crandon is bigger than TORC and LOORS combined and there's no reason not to have open qualifying for these events.

DaughertyRacing

we are plannig on making a week of it! U-4 #23 and UL #17 cannot wait!!!

snakeyjake896

Starting in the back at Crandon if they do the landrush is not that big of a disadvantage.

ProLite13

I would love to take my family to Crandon this year, all I have heard since the first day I picked my truck up in 2006 is yeh but you have to go race Crandon, have you been to Crandon yet, you have to race Crandon.

I would need help getting my truck and gear there and back though to make it happen split cost etc.. etc.. hell I will even drive your rig for you, and you can fly in I have experience with everything from big toters to big rig semis anyone with any idea's, PM me thank's.

P.S. I travel light my truck is small.

Dan Pentico DP13