Losi "Strike" Short Course Truck

call-911

Reaction
http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0105BD

Looks to me they went the basher Slash route instead of the competition based SC10 route like I thought they would. It was probably in development far sooner than the release of the SC10 to even give track competition a thought. The funny thing is that it's still not ROAR SCT approved due to its length (longer) so it can't even run with the Slashes in ROAR sanctioned events. I probably won't be getting one since I already have a Slash and SC10, but I might have gotten it instead of the Slash if it had come to market at the same time since I was never big on Traxxas products in the past.

Shred918

Reaction
Losi never builds hack cars and I have always raced with Losi's. Not sure what is up with the wheelbase but I am sure it wil end up ok to race after some heated debate.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Weird. Sounds like they missed the boat and ended up falling off the dock. That narrow chassis looks like it would twist like crazy.

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
I always raced Losi when I was younger, but got into associated a while back. I bought an SC10 because it was on sale for $189.99 RTR. I couldn't be happier with my choice. IMO the Slash is more toy and the SC more racer. I was worried I would really like what Losi came out with and be ticked that I didn't wait. I am glad I bought what I did. Plus, the Losi body doesn't really look much better than the Slash body!

call-911

Reaction
Losi never builds hack cars and I have always raced with Losi's. Not sure what is up with the wheelbase but I am sure it wil end up ok to race after some heated debate.
I dunno... It seems that everything that has been developed in recent years since the company changed hands has been for bashing fun instead of competition. If it was 15 years ago, I would think the same as you.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
I dunno... It seems that everything that has been developed in recent years since the company changed hands has been for bashing fun instead of competition. If it was 15 years ago, I would think the same as you.
X2 it use to be Losi vs. AE. Now AE really doesnt have much competition when it comes to 1/10th scale cars. It seems like Losi is going after the Traxxas business more than anything, Traxxas is going after real racing for marketing and AE is just winning on all scale tracks.

forktom

Reaction
yes! i love losi! it will look great next to my campbell mrc

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
Weird. Sounds like they missed the boat and ended up falling off the dock. That narrow chassis looks like it would twist like crazy.
BWahahahaha! I just about fell out of my chair! :eek:

blakelenk521

Reaction
I think the slash and the sc10 look better. that car is really cool but looks like it would snap in half if you put a brushless in it otherwise it would be a fun car to go play around with.

good job LOSI

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I love Losi, wish I had the money to add another car to my tiny roster

michael_loomis

Reaction
I like it.. not a bad lookin body IMO.

Did they steal the bumpers directly from a Slash??