LOSI XXX NT

WFODAN

Reaction
I've had a Team Losi XX NT for a while now and I keep blowing up the transmission in it . It seems to run about a tank or two of gas and the trans is dust . Does anyone make any aftermarket parts for this thing ?? If I can't get it to run without killing the trans everytime then I will just sell it . It has a Pico 15 and other than that it is just stock . Any help is appreciated .

Dan Vance

martininsocal

Reaction
Dan- do you throw it in reverse often? Or does it have a brake/forward set-up? I know many of the gear sets don't hold up to using the reverse for the brake for spins/ turns. You should be able to find better parts, try a large store like Pegasus.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
the slipper inside thd transmission needs to be retightened after the first run from being rebuilt or it will take a [daddy didnt love me] everytime. Use carbide diff balls and hardened plates...run a tank through it and tighten her back up to spec and it should be good to go for another 2 gallons. Use good greas in there too. Also be sure you dont have the main slipper tightened to hell...that can cause ruckus as well.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Did you remember to fill the transmission up with fluid? :)

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well at least he knows what his "slight rattle" is on it so he dosent have to pull over and get passed. :)

Go Big Or Go Home