Losing Our History

Bredbaker

As I have been going through the history of off road racing I have been alarmed to note the lack of results archived.
Specifically, I am working on 1967-1973 right now in my project, but will soon be moving on to 1974 through 1980 and I suspect that I will have the same issues.
Has there been any active projects that I am not aware of to try and reconstruct this history?
If no one is actively trying to do this I would nominate myself to start compiling this information lost to the winds of time.

Before you reply, yes I have talked to SCORE and NORRA, KJ Howe, and other organizers from back in the day that are still with us. I believe it is going to come down to the people that were there and their families to try and reconstruct history.

I hope that we can come together as a community and find a solution. Thank you for your time.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
As I have been going through the history of off road racing I have been alarmed to note the lack of results archived.
Specifically, I am working on 1967-1973 right now in my project, but will soon be moving on to 1974 through 1980 and I suspect that I will have the same issues.
Has there been any active projects that I am not aware of to try and reconstruct this history?
If no one is actively trying to do this I would nominate myself to start compiling this information lost to the winds of time.

Before you reply, yes I have talked to SCORE and NORRA, KJ Howe, and other organizers from back in the day that are still with us. I believe it is going to come down to the people that were there and their families to try and reconstruct history.

I hope that we can come together as a community and find a solution. Thank you for your time.
Have you seen this?

I started the results section here in the forum in 2018. I also include race maps and links to coverage in allot of them. We currently have Miguel working backwards in time adding races going back to 2010. Once that is done for most of the promoters we will add older ones.

I also have a pretty good collection of race maps and GPS files going way back and need to add some more. That was talked about more in another thread. Those will be posted once they are organized.