Lost treasure found

D4D

Reaction
A friend just came across the Funco chassis in the pictures. The seller told him that it had raced Baja many times in the 70s and 80s though of course there is no tag, no identification of any sort. My friend bought it for virtually nothing so it's not like he paid for any history. He is in the process of brining it back to life now and was thinking of just powder coating the chassis and the body panels but if it actually has race history he would recreate the graphics. I told him that I would try to help him out. Any of you recognize the car? The graphics on the front are "Auto Haus" and "Taylor Enterprises".

Attachments

• 76765.jpg
    76765.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 173
  • 563765.jpg
    563765.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 171

Bro_Gill

Reaction
There is a thread about this car on facebook in vintage off road buggies. I think that's the site name.

burro8

Reaction
Leave the original paint and lettering! Look on the Petersen Museum photo gallery also.
P1010004.JPG

burro8

Reaction
A friend just came across the Funco chassis in the pictures. The seller told him that it had raced Baja many times in the 70s and 80s though of course there is no tag, no identification of any sort. My friend bought it for virtually nothing so it's not like he paid for any history. He is in the process of brining it back to life now and was thinking of just powder coating the chassis and the body panels but if it actually has race history he would recreate the graphics. I told him that I would try to help him out. Any of you recognize the car? The graphics on the front are "Auto Haus" and "Taylor Enterprises".

Look in this web site for pics of this buggy.