• Forum membership has its advantages....

Love My Textron But......... Nothing aftermarket except Robby's parts?

Total Loss

Think again! Kristen Matlock overalled this year’s Baja 500 in her N/A Polaris.
Wasn't that last year?
Don't know what happened to the Matlocks at the V2R this year. Neither did well.
We all know the Matlocks smoke in Baja...no matter what they are sitting in...or on.
They need a TT.

Total Loss

I stand corrected.
I will eat my words if there is ever another. I doubt it. These turbo cars are getting too fast...and reliable.
But never say never...right ?

slvrbullet

I'm noticing sites like Super ATV have some aftermarket parts for the XX. HD tie rods, windshields, etc. Assault industries also looks to have bumpers and skid plates tie rods. A few companies are also making cages. Could it be they are so new that people just haven't had one to build parts off of. It seems dumb that Textron would allow Robby to patent parts and then go after aftermarket companies that make parts. I'm thinking more so Robby made those patents so that Polaris and other manufactures don't copy the design of the XX?

43mod

Anyone out there able to point me towards more Textron racers / other forums / Race build information. I should be picking up a new one this week to build and race. Info seems hard to come by . Thanks

jon coleman

lawyers, lawsuits, patents, makes for un fun off road adventure.just cutt rg in on your killer race parts and we all bomb down that road into the sunset!!!!

Zambo

I bought an x3 when they first came out. Aftermarket parts were a trickle for well over a year, then they started showing up big time. There won't be as many for the XX though because they simply won't sell as many units as Polaris/CanAm so the market isn't as big. However unless you're building a full race car, I'd think that most of the stock parts on the XX are good enough. Lots of stuff on my x3 that I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade had they been made as beefy as what's on the XX.

Bricoop

I bought an x3 when they first came out. Aftermarket parts were a trickle for well over a year, then they started showing up big time. There won't be as many for the XX though because they simply won't sell as many units as Polaris/CanAm so the market isn't as big. However unless you're building a full race car, I'd think that most of the stock parts on the XX are good enough. Lots of stuff on my x3 that I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade had they been made as beefy as what's on the XX.
why?

NIKAL

IMO what is going to hurt XX sales is not that Arctic Cat is smaller company is the SXS industry, because before the X3, Can Am was not a big player. What’s going to hurt sales is the lack of aftermarket support. People want to build & customize their vehicles. And the aftermarket support will not be there due to Robby Gordon, unfortunately! The fact Robby Gordon has patents on parts of the XX which he claims he will enforce his patents with legal action if violated, is not good for vehicles sales.

Just so everyone knows every manufacture has the same types of patents on their vehicles, it’s just they know how important the aftermarket industry is to supporting their vehicles & customers, so they don’t enforce patents on aftermarket co. Robby wants to be that only aftermarket support for the XX.

RG was a double edge sword for Arctic Cat. He designed and amazing machine for them, but Arctic Cat allowing Robby to be the only real Aftermarket supplier will ultimately hurt sales in the end.

afortune46

From what I was told - Hes not so much worried about the aftermarket side of things as he is the OEM side. He is more sensitive on his suspension and modular frame design and doesn't want the other brands copying his ideas.

There's people building cages, theres Companies producing aftermarket support, but they are few and far in-between due to Arctic Cat's market share. Even the old cars 2012-current weren't supported well when they came out with the first real long travel machine. Speedwerx is selling cages , tie rods, and other components and theres never been a letter or litigation started.

Bricoop

IMO what is going to hurt XX sales is not that Arctic Cat is smaller company is the SXS industry, because before the X3, Can Am was not a big player. What’s going to hurt sales is the lack of aftermarket support. People want to build & customize their vehicles. And the aftermarket support will not be there due to Robby Gordon, unfortunately! The fact Robby Gordon has patents on parts of the XX which he claims he will enforce his patents with legal action if violated, is not good for vehicles sales.

Just so everyone knows every manufacture has the same types of patents on their vehicles, it’s just they know how important the aftermarket industry is to supporting their vehicles & customers, so they don’t enforce patents on aftermarket co. Robby wants to be that only aftermarket support for the XX.

RG was a double edge sword for Arctic Cat. He designed and amazing machine for them, but Arctic Cat allowing Robby to be the only real Aftermarket supplier will ultimately hurt sales in the end.
There isn't a restriction on aftermarket parts. Just on the patented ones. Which is like 3 parts?

Google Patents