• Forum membership has its advantages....

LOVE THE HISTORY

New to this forum and being on east coast makes it difficult to spectate good desert stuff. Plenty of awesome woods and mud trails, rock crawling, vintage bike stuff too. Our business ( GMP and now Acme Trading) has been making models of vintage racing from dirt sprints to Trans Am, Can Am, drag racing muscle, and more. In the process, we became good friends with all of the great older guys including Parnelli Jones. He finally pushed us to build a replica of his famous Big Oly Bronco and we just got pictures of the first shot decorated sample. I do not want to violate any forum rules by promoting a business so need proper direction so we can let members know about this really cool model coming later this year. BIG OLY MODEL 6-25-18 (4).JPG

1:18 scale. Price TBD. This will be a resin with photoetch details. Signed certificates, possibly mounted to a base with display cover.

Hopefully before end of year so stay tuned.

I am a diecast/model collector and this is awesome. Any other off road works in the pipeline? A scale Robby Gordon TT would be really cool. Off road diecasts and models of this quality are extremely rare and I'm not sure there have ever been any companies outside of Auto Art and the Ivan Stewart TT diecasts putting out off road models of this quality. Pretty niche market but I'd buy these in a heartbeat.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Is there a "Estimated" price? Like between $50-$100? I'm in for at least one regardless.

About the price and what's happening in the collectibles industry. To justify the cost of a dis cast family of molds ($150k +) the model needs to have high enough demand and lend itself to many variations from the same molds to reach production numbers of 10,000 units. Since smaller audience subject matter like Big Oly and the fact that there could be two versions at the most, thanks to todays technology in resin materials, this model will be modeled in resin without opening features. This has become very popular with collectors as it enables us to make models with accurate stance, details, and finish that would never be made in diecast. With a projected production of only 500 units, for us to justify the investment, retail price will be close to $300.00 but remember, only 500 (up to 1000 if demand is there) will be made. This will be part of our Real Art Replica series and that's what these are...small works of art, not high volume die cast. I know this will sound unreasonable to some but when you better understand the collector environment and costs involved ($60k to get into production NOT including unit cost), I think it will make sense. We still pay Ford and Parnelli plus the costs to get the model into production. Sorry for long post but after 26 years, it is difficult to summarize the changes in 25 words or less.

Attachments

Rory

Crayola Killer
About the price and what's happening in the collectibles industry. To justify the cost of a dis cast family of molds ($150k +) the model needs to have high enough demand and lend itself to many variations from the same molds to reach production numbers of 10,000 units. Since smaller audience subject matter like Big Oly and the fact that there could be two versions at the most, thanks to todays technology in resin materials, this model will be modeled in resin without opening features. This has become very popular with collectors as it enables us to make models with accurate stance, details, and finish that would never be made in diecast. With a projected production of only 500 units, for us to justify the investment, retail price will be close to $300.00 but remember, only 500 (up to 1000 if demand is there) will be made. This will be part of our Real Art Replica series and that's what these are...small works of art, not high volume die cast. I know this will sound unreasonable to some but when you better understand the collector environment and costs involved ($60k to get into production NOT including unit cost), I think it will make sense. We still pay Ford and Parnelli plus the costs to get the model into production. Sorry for long post but after 26 years, it is difficult to summarize the changes in 25 words or less.
Thanks for the explanation. I’m not really much of a Diecast collector but I have a few. $300 seems a little steep but I would most likely buy one just because of how cool it is and how well it was done. Put me down for one......

Rory

Crayola Killer
Money-Mouth.

Just pre-ordered the Big Oly Bronco, can't wait to get it.