lower ball joints

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
it was brought to my attention that i need to get new lower ball joints for my CST long travel arms. I was told to get Spicer ball joints does anyone know where i can get them? Possibly a part number?
At first i wanted to cut the ball joint mountinh location out and put a uni ball ther but was told it would be difficult to do that. Has anyone ever done somthing like that? because i dont want to be replacing ball joint regularly.

Thanks fo rthe help,
Gregg

blind655

Reaction
try some Moog ball joints. They have worked well for me. You can get them at NAPA, but they probably will have to order them

Later
Mike

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

Ryno

Reaction
You'll have a hard time finding better chassis parts than Moog. You pay....but they are the best for a street/ dirt truck. I've had balljoints last up to 3 years with proper maintenance. I usually go through with the grease gun every oil change. Rule goes for tie rod ends, and driveshaft yokes as well. NAPA is the place for Moog.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

orvacian

Reaction
If you are replacing ball joints all the time it is probably because they are binding at full droop or full compression. Have you taken out the springs and cycled the suspension? You may need to get some limit straps or taller bump stops.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I am pretty sure that is what is happening cause i have not put limit staps on yet but im going to be redoing the front soon so i will deal with the ball joint situation for know thanks for all the advice and i will use it in the future if the problem persists

Gregg