Lowrance 540 No fireroads, WTF?

Marnes2986

Reaction
Ive had my Lowrance for quite some time now and I love it, but i just cant believe that i spent $500 on this unit and it has no fireroads. I was in Lucerne, Ca and the 540 didnt even have Bessimer Mine Road, which is a major dirt road in the area (it even showed up on my street navigator! but not on my 540).

Will Mapcreate solve this? Are there any other programs i can install? If i install Mapcreate can i install it on a another unit? (planning on purchasing a smaller unit for dbike)

Thanks

JebusTheGreat

Reaction
Ive had my Lowrance for quite some time now and I love it, but i just cant believe that i spent $500 on this unit and it has no fireroads. I was in Lucerne, Ca and the 540 didnt even have Bessimer Mine Road, which is a major dirt road in the area (it even showed up on my street navigator! but not on my 540).

Will Mapcreate solve this? Are there any other programs i can install? If i install Mapcreate can i install it on a another unit? (planning on purchasing a smaller unit for dbike)

Thanks
Mapcreate will add in all of this stuff. the 540 pretty much doesnt have any streets I thought...

Zambo

Reaction
Mapcreate should fill in most stateside trails etc. You have to keep in mind that these things are out of the box are chartplotters for boats.

sparkypyro

Reaction

Thanks
This unit only has so much internal memory. It sold country wide. They couldn't possibly put all the info in it that is available. If they did the unit would be bigger than the car it is in. Map create will solve the problem.

Bajades

Reaction
thanks everyone...anyone know if i can use this with another unit as well
Mapcreate works with all Lowrance chartplotters. It allows you to copy areas of the map database on the DVD to a SD card that installs in your GPS. Mapcreate allows the use of five different SD cards.

D4D

Reaction
Once you have Mapcreate you will have every little fire road and trail for the area you load onto the SD card. A good SD card has enough memory to cover the tip of Baja to southern WA and east to the cover CO.

loufish

Reaction
I'm a Garmin guy, so let me ask a question, Does Lowrance have topographical maps to upload to their units like Garmin does?

MattV

Reaction
The mapcreate maps are essentially USGS 1:20,000 topos. If you're using the XOG, you can also use the mapselect products, which are downlowdable USGS 15 minute maps, BLM maps and satellite imaging.

loufish

Reaction
The mapcreate maps are essentially USGS 1:20,000 topos. If you're using the XOG, you can also use the mapselect products, which are downlowdable USGS 15 minute maps, BLM maps and satellite imaging.
Thanks!