lowrance gps ? help

A&SCHASE1

Hero
Reaction
i have a lowrance baja gps. i tried to up load the map for the mdr kotd from my sd card. while loading it says there is not enough memory in the sd card or hard drive.I did make sure the sd card had no memory on it(brand new) and i also deleted all other maps and waypoints from the gps. anyone have any info on what may be the problem? thanks

Tipracer

Reaction
I had the same thing happen but the way points all loaded no problem...not so sure why, I have the 540c...did not effect performance....I have had problems in the past that locked up the unit, if you search this forum you will find the reset button combo...good luck..

A&SCHASE1

Hero
Reaction
I had the same thing happen but the way points all loaded no problem...not so sure why, I have the 540c...did not effect performance....I have had problems in the past that locked up the unit, if you search this forum you will find the reset button combo...good luck..

thanks..

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
i have a lowrance baja gps. i tried to up load the map for the mdr kotd from my sd card. while loading it says there is not enough memory in the sd card or hard drive.I did make sure the sd card had no memory on it(brand new) and i also deleted all other maps and waypoints from the gps. anyone have any info on what may be the problem? thanks

Were you trying to load the GPS file posted by MDR on their website? I had the same memory error problem trying to load the KOTD map also. We too had only the waypoints load but not the track. I ended up deleting the map from the SD chip and just simply pre-ran the course and saved the track from the pre-run.

I suspect the problem was with the MDR file.

A&SCHASE1

Hero
Reaction
yes it was the mdr file. im going to find the chip that has the baja 1000 from a couple of years ago and try that out to be sure if its the mdr file or my gps..

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Clearing the trails and waypoints does not free up all the memory on some models. Each time you end up with less and less free memory. To clear this and free up all the memory again, do a reset. Here's the instructions:
http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/Product-Support/Troubleshooting-Guide/Reset-Procedures/

There is a bug with the Lowrance trail save that corrupts the file if you have a third party .lcm map installed when you save your .usr file. For example the Bicimapas Baja Topo file will cause this. You need to remove the chip with the third party .lcm before saving your .usr file. The problem shows up when you try to use a saved file on another gps unit. Perhaps the mdr map had this issue. Not sure if the new HDS still has this bug.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Good info, thanks.