Lowrance GPS upside down

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I was on a ride the other day and my GPS screen went upside down. I turned it off/on and it would keep switching back and forth. I haven't had a chance to check for a loose wire/connector yet. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before?

pciscott

Reaction
If you have a point 1 antenna the electro mag compass can cause these issues. At PCI we modify all point one antennas with a script that gets rid of this feature, a PCI sticker represents modified antenna.

With this said there is a fix for HDS units, menu, setup, system, satellites, gps source. Go to vessel tab turn off point 1 on all 4 options. This will keep the unit going strait up the screen. PCI antennas will not have vessel tab in gps source menu.

If you have older GPS and are using point 1 antenna it will need to be modified as the menu will not give you place to turn off vessel options.

If this is not your problem a hard reset can cure some weird problems. Unit off hold zoom in and zoom out buttons down while at same time powering up the unit. You can loose data so if you have any important trails or info back it up before you do reset.

If you are still having problems call PCI for some tech support if we can't figure out we have plenty of shiny new units. The new HDS gen 3 models have a awesome split screen feature so you can have 2 zoom levels on one screen. This allows you to see the big picture while never having to change scales on your main screen that is zoomed in close.

Good luck, and I will be in shop Monday if you need some help.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
If you have a point 1 antenna the electro mag compass can cause these issues. At PCI we modify all point one antennas with a script that gets rid of this feature, a PCI sticker represents modified antenna.

With this said there is a fix for HDS units, menu, setup, system, satellites, gps source. Go to vessel tab turn off point 1 on all 4 options. This will keep the unit going strait up the screen. PCI antennas will not have vessel tab in gps source menu.

If you have older GPS and are using point 1 antenna it will need to be modified as the menu will not give you place to turn off vessel options.

If this is not your problem a hard reset can cure some weird problems. Unit off hold zoom in and zoom out buttons down while at same time powering up the unit. You can loose data so if you have any important trails or info back it up before you do reset.

If you are still having problems call PCI for some tech support if we can't figure out we have plenty of shiny new units. The new HDS gen 3 models have a awesome split screen feature so you can have 2 zoom levels on one screen. This allows you to see the big picture while never having to change scales on your main screen that is zoomed in close.

Good luck, and I will be in shop Monday if you need some help.
Thanks Scott- I called PCI and the guy I talked to wasn't sure what the cause is/was. It is an older unit (off my memory a Globalmap 6000??) I would think it was purchased from PCI as it was a turnkey Alumicraft (2005) and all the other stuff if from PCI. I am going to be sending my radio in to add some frequencies, should I send the antenna too?