On Topic LS PCV Delete yes or no?

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
Thanks for asking. I competed at the state and National level of VICA (vocational Indistrial clubs of America) in small engines and automotive repair. My kids love it when I tell those stories. LOL

So yes I have built and repaired many Briggs and Stratton engines. I have built and rebuilt many other performance engines for cars and boats.

Interesting thing about our LT1 is that it’s direct injection does not have fuel going over the valves. The fuel is added after the valves. So if we did a vacuum line from the intake to the crank case like the corvette we get gunk on the valves which attracts dirt and no fuel to clean them. That’s bad for off-road.

I promise I understand crank case vents and the Pros and cons of many types of systems including evac and atmospheric vents.

The crank case vent on a Briggs and Stratton is the simplest way to vent and keep clean by recycling the gases. I promise if you disconnect it and just let it flow the crank seals will stay sealed. You will just have a mess to clean up from the tube.

I know where milk comes from. I have 3 kids and my wife breast fed all of them. Haha

Mike

I don't know what kind of rear main seal you use in racing engines.... You have probably never seen it either as you would have to remove the rear main bearing on one of your turnkey (turkey) engines and that would violate the rules.... But anyway, a lot of engines use a "rope" seal on the rear main, and the blow by generated by compression leaking past your rings especially in a high compression engine will create pressure in your crankcase which will cause your rear main seal to seep oil....It's rope, not rubber..... Eventually you will see the area covered in fine dust.... Even your cork valve cover gaskets will seep if under pressure.... Maybe on an LT1 everything is rubber, and there are no rope seals.... Why would you own one anyway....??? Sounds more like a sand buggy motor....

Last edited:

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
SlipperyP has a valid point about sucking dirt into the seal area.... Obviously a regulated PCV valve will reach a happy medium to this phenomonon..... Most carburetors are designed to account for the extra air that a PCV system sucks into the mixture.... I'm not sure if you can buy a carburetor without a PCV nipple....

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Rope seals went out of style 70 years ago…

LOL I keep wondering why I engage with guys like Green. What a waste. haha

Get back to work and get our engine shipped. what are you doing on here? LOL Oh but maybe put in a rope seal, I hear they are good for off-road racing.

Mike

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
Anything with an intercooler will be much better off with a road draft tube. My 7.3's intercooler is still shiny inside after 150k of no PCV.