LS2 vs LS1/6 motors

Snowy

Reaction
Hi guys. I bought a tuning book on the LS1 and LS6 motors when I was in at Kartek in 2007. Is there any reason that the LS2 is any better or worse than the LS1/6s, or why it would have been excluded from the book? We're possibly looking at moving to Oz, and the LS2 comes in on the engine size limit over there, so that's why I'm looking at transplanting into my race truck in place of the current Pontiac 406ci that's in there. Check out http://www.windust-ops.co.uk/venom.html to check the truck out. I understand the LS2 is popular out there - just looking into whether our truck would meet the regs. We currently live in the UK. :eek:

Snowy

Reaction
......could really do with some opinions guys - would really be appreciated! :confused:

D-rek

Reaction
LS1/6 were just the previous generation of the LS2. A lot of the parts are interchangeable between the two. I have an LS1 that I pulled from a wrecked camaro it has heads, LS6 intake and stronger timing chain that makes about 530 hp and I have less then $4500 into the motor including computer, headers and clutch. A great reference site is ls1tech.com covers everything from LT1 -LS7