LS6 oil Pan

RL Detroit

Reaction
I have an LS6 Vette engine that I’m going to put in a buggy but I would like to get a new oil pan because the Vette pan is very wide at the bottom due to its low profile design. I have been looking for a new pan but with marginal results…

Does anyone have any advice or a manufacture they would recommend?

Can I get a new pan without changing the pickup tube?

Thanks

Reaction
Will a Camaro/Firebird pan off a LS1 work? That's what we use: shallow, no batwings.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I think GM Performance Parts has the F-body LS pan you need. It is part number 12598151... They also have the gaskets, high volume oil pump and so on... They have a wealth of parts that are not well known that make swaps and conversions much easier!!! They have kits with CPU, harness and even throttle by wire pedal for the newer engines also.

Hope this helps...

CT

RL Detroit

Reaction
I think GM Performance Parts has the F-body LS pan you need. It is part number 12598151... They also have the gaskets, high volume oil pump and so on... They have a wealth of parts that are not well known that make swaps and conversions much easier!!! They have kits with CPU, harness and even throttle by wire pedal for the newer engines also.

Hope this helps...

CT[/QUOTE

Thanks For that part #....... I think that is the way I'm going to go.

mebuildit

Reaction
Those Dailey pans are awesome! I'd like to have one of those on my LS for my buggy.