Lucas Oil Announces "Challenge Cup" Season Finale

Perfect Race

Reaction
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lucas Oil Announces “Lucas Oil Challenge Cup” SEASON FINALE

Corona, Ca. (May 20, 2009) – Lucas Oil is pleased to announce the Lucas Oil Challenge Cup short course off road racing season finale. The Lucas Oil Challenge Cup will be held at the Lake Elsinore Motorsports Complex on December 11th and 12th 2009. The Lucas Oil Off Road Challenge Cup is a one race, winner take all, end of year short course off road shootout in which winners in all classes will take home a beautiful trophy, a generous check and off-season bragging rights. The event will be televised on a national prime time broadcast. Short course off road race teams throughout the country will have completed their season points championships and will be in the position to compete at the highest level, putting everything on the line.

Lucas Oil’s Bob Patison spoke about the race. “We are going to establish the Lucas Oil Challenge Cup as a prestigious, annual, end of year short course off road racing event. It is scheduled to coincide with the conclusion of the off road racing season and with the significant purses up for grabs we are expecting a full field of drivers in all classes.”

Drivers in the Unlimited 2 and Unlimited 4 (850hp two and four wheel drive trucks) will be racing for a $30,000 prize to the winner of each class with $15,000 and $7,500 to be awarded to the second and third place finishers. In a unique format, the Unlimited Lite Truck class will compete head to head for the first time ever in a major competition with the Unlimited Buggy Class for a $20,000 winning check and class superiority. Second and third place will receive $10,000 and $5,000 respectively. The Bully Dog SuperLite Class will be competing for a generous $20,000 purse with $10,000 and $5,000 to second and third. Finally, the Limited Buggy class will be competing for prizes of $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000.

The shootout races will be held on Saturday, December 12th with an evening of practice, qualifying and elimination races to be held on Friday, December 11th. More information will be available as event details are finalized.

The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) is the evolution of the long standing support of short course racing by Forrest Lucas and Lucas Oil. Steeped in the Midwest tradition of short course off road racing infused with a West Coast influence, LOORRS brings intense four wheel door to door action to challenging, fan friendly tracks. Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series: This is Short Course. For more information please visit Lucasoiloffroadracing.com

Last edited:

450grl

Reaction
Sounds awesome!!!! What a way to end the season!!

Uh...no UTV's? :(

prolite#7

Reaction
love the end of the series idea but ,,In a unique format, the Unlimited Lite Truck class will compete head to head for the first time ever in a major competition with the Unlimited Buggy Class for a $20,000 winning check and class superiority. I have driven in both classes and I would never what to be in a buggy against a truck ,open wheel against a closed wheel truck equals air evac! and what would it prove, two completely different classes. I would think the buggy guys would want their own show!!

Slash01z

Reaction
“We are going to establish the Lucas Oil Challenge Cup as a prestigious, annual, end of year short course off road racing event To copy the Borgwarner shootout. Really Torc and lucas oil should have worked together and made a final challenge race that would have an unbeliveable amount of talent and trucks! Just think 15 pro/unlimited 4 along side almost 30 pro/unlimited 2 or a pro/unlimeted light race with 30+ trucks. I dont know how the unlimited light mixed with buggies will go.

racefan2041

Reaction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We are going to establish the Lucas Oil Challenge Cup as a prestigious, annual, end of year short course off road racing event To copy the Borgwarner shootout. Really Torc and lucas oil should have worked together and made a final challenge race that would have an unbeliveable amount of talent and trucks! Just think 15 pro/unlimited 4 along side almost 30 pro/unlimited 2 or a pro/unlimeted light race with 30+ trucks. I dont know how the unlimited light mixed with buggies will go.

Yup, I agree 100%.

The unlimited light and pro buggies isn't really a good combination. Sounds dangerous cause the buggies have no fenders and they are up against trucks. And what is the weight of both classes? I would think the trucks would have more weight than the buggies.

Well, you could put fenders on the buggies I supose.....:eek:

randy1123

Reaction
Yup, I agree 100%.

The unlimited light and pro buggies isn't really a good combination. Sounds dangerous cause the buggies have no fenders and they are up against trucks. And what is the weight of both classes? I would think the trucks would have more weight than the buggies.

Well, you could put fenders on the buggies I supose.....:eek:

Again,
Game on.

eric2448

Reaction
All you mid west guys quit hatin', lol :D, we need something like this out west! Kuddos to Lucas and the guys and gals with the series for puttin this together! Cant wait!

gmmvp42

Reaction
Good to see an invitation laced with $ to get everyone together, oops, almost everyone. now let some baja bugs, some jeeps, some beatles, and all the other classes that seem to get ignored enter this one off event. Baja bugs do put on a good show, as do jeeps/beatles/'55 chevys...

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Really Torc and lucas oil should have worked together and made a final challenge race that would have an unbeliveable amount of talent and trucks! J

I dont see anything stopping TORC and other guys from coming out to this race. In fact with the large purse I would be surprised if any top driver does not show up.

prolite#7

Reaction
I dont see anything stopping TORC and other guys from coming out to this race. In fact with the large purse I would be surprised if any top driver does not show up.

Think lucas should make douglas take that amsoil decal off .:eek: lol

joecfd1

Reaction
I would like to see the Modified Trophy Karts run against the UTV's and the Limited Buggy class???

prolite#7

Reaction
Wake up and look at the pics. Traxxis pulled the exclusive card not Amsoil!! I believe Hart had a Lucas sponsored truck at the Torc race!
just kidding don't have a cow !!

DRTNYRI

Reaction
Very cool...One more thing to look forward to this year...This is going to be exciting!

:D

and yes...Woo Hoo !

;)

desertjunky

Reaction
Think lucas should make douglas take that amsoil decal off .:eek: lol

Wake up and look at the pics. Traxxis pulled the exclusive card not Amsoil!! I believe Hart had a Lucas sponsored truck at the Torc race!

I believe he was referring to title sponsor and joking.
It will be a wonderful thing to see an all out for bragging rights all-star race. No matter who puts it on