Lucas Oil Announces "Challenge Cup" Season Finale

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Website
www.fantasyoffroadracing.com
Almost like a "World Championship" type of event...

That was exactly what this is! Cant wait - come one...come all! Fantasy gaming will be SWEEEET for this one!

Perfect Race

Reaction
Sorry no Karts and UTVs at this race. With the time change it will be dark before 5 pm and we are trying to speed up the day and have a shorter two day format. Tech, set up and practice Friday and race Saturday. Everyone can get out of there and on to Christmas parties etc..

BBM Racing

Reaction
Don't worry you can still race that weekend...it's been posted and on the schedule since November 2008 that same weekend. And yes, we include Trophy Karts and UTV's at that event. Maybe we'll call them the "UTV and Trophy Kart Finally" or the "UTV and Trophy Kart World Championships" or maybe the "UTV and Trophy Kart Christmas Spectacular"....in all likelihood we'll probably just call it the 7th Annual Baja Cup Challenge. Just come out and race and have fun, I never aspired to be a politician but I always aspire to be respectful.

See you at the races,

Bob Beyer

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Its NOT really a "world championship" event. Maybe a "continent" championship. I mean, come on, how is it a "world championship" if its made up of teams from Canada, US, & Mexico? lol lol lol :D Dont get me wrong, Crandon is fun with a good crowd but not "worldly."

jonpfive

Reaction
All you mid west guys quit hatin', lol :D, we need something like this out west! Kuddos to Lucas and the guys and gals with the series for puttin this together! Cant wait!

Seriously man. A year or two ago there was major discussions coming out of Crandon about doing this and I heard nothing but positives about it, whether it was from fans or drivers. The lap times are generally comparable between these two classes, I think the show it produces will be great.

jonpfive

Reaction
Its NOT really a "world championship" event. Maybe a "continent" championship. I mean, come on, how is it a "world championship" if its made up of teams from Canada, US, & Mexico? lol lol lol :D Dont get me wrong, Crandon is fun with a good crowd but not "worldly."

Scott- Fall Crandon has been the "World Championship" for literally as long as I can remember. It wasn't until a legitimate short course series was running elsewhere that anyone even questioned it. Everyone that came for that weekend wanted to run for the "World Championship", whether they came from Canada, Mexico, or anywhere else. It has been the World Championship and will be considered that until they no longer hold races on Labor Day weekend. Just drop it, it's not gonna change.

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Scott- Fall Crandon has been the "World Championship" for literally as long as I can remember. It wasn't until a legitimate short course series was running elsewhere that anyone even questioned it. Everyone that came for that weekend wanted to run for the "World Championship", whether they came from Canada, Mexico, or anywhere else. It has been the World Championship and will be considered that until they no longer hold races on Labor Day weekend. Just drop it, it's not gonna change.

Not trying to change a thing, just stating a fact. :)

PS - so I guess I could say then, that since the last year before all high schools went to metric distances in track, my relay team set a new record in a distance that no one else in the country ran, I guess that makes me a member of a "world record" holding relay team. lol lol lol ;):D:rolleyes:

ragracin

Reaction
I would just try to get the first NORRS race under your belt before worring about what is a "World Championship" and what is not. Just stating a fact.

handmethemic

Reaction
Rod Millen raced it too, so add Australia to the list.

Crandon is generally accepted as the World Championships by just about every driver in American style short course off road racing. Plus we have it trademarked, so try to take it... haha.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
my moneys on the supper buggies there going to throw down on u truck guys :p

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Website
DurkaDurkaPhoto.com

MLB World Series ring a bell?

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Rod Millen raced it too, so add Australia to the list.

Crandon is generally accepted as the World Championships by just about every driver in American style short course off road racing. Plus we have it trademarked, so try to take it... haha.

Not Australia, try New Zealand. You'd think a good announcer would know this kind if info. ;);)