Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Under the Lights in Lake Elsinore - Buy tickets online now!

Corona, California (July 9, 2009) - The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series announced that the July 25th and 26th main events will be held under the lights in the evening at the Lake Elsinore Motorsports Complex. With a successful June event held under triple digit heat, the Lucas Oil Off Road Staff concluded that an evening event would provide the best possible fan experience as the series returned to the popular Lake Elsinore off road track. "With this being the first Lucas Oil Off Road Race under the lights, this event should provide a spectacular opportunity for the fans to see some exciting racing and enjoy the cooler evening temperatures," Said Lucas Oil Off Road Racing's Tony Vanillo. "With the lighting system that we are putting in place, the show not only will be great for the fans in attendance but will definitely make for an impressive show for the television viewers as well."

With gates open at 3pm both Saturday and Sunday race action featuring Karts, UTVs and Limited Buggies will be held throughout the afternoon while the fan friendly pit area will be open to all ticket holders. Main events featuring Unlimited Buggies and all of the popular truck classes begin with opening ceremonies at 8pm on Saturday the 25th and 7pm on Sunday the 26th.

For the first time, tickets may be purchased and printed online by visiting www.LucasOilOffRoad.com. Tickets are $30 for each event day for an adult and just $10 for children 4-12. A weekend pass is available for $50 or $15 for children. Friday practice and qualifying tickets are available for $10. For a $5 discount off all Saturday and Sunday tickets, please use coupon code "SLING DIRT." Tickets also may be purchased by phone from 9am to 6pm Eastern Time (6am-3pm Pacific) by calling 1-888-71-TICKETS.

Catch the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series on SPEED

Catch all of the exciting action from the Lake Elsinore Rounds 5&6 of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series on SPEED on Sunday July 12th - 2pm and 3pm EST.

The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) is the evolution of the long standing support of short course racing by Forrest Lucas and Lucas Oil. Steeped in the Midwest tradition of short course off road racing infused with a West Coast influence, LOORRS brings intense four wheel door to door action to challenging, fan friendly tracks. Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series: This is Short Course. For more information please visit LucasOilOffRoad.com

gregsw

Re: Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Under the Lights in Lake Elsinore - Buy tickets online

Thanks great!

ryant35

Re: Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Under the Lights in Lake Elsinore - Buy tickets online

Awesome! I can't wait!

nobrakes

i think friday night and saturday night would be better than sat & sun nights?? you will get more fans on friday night than sunday night..juz my 2 cents

stokessdca

COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL idea. will be there saturday fo sure. sunday night
no bueno.

Nash!

Break out the glowsticks...this will be cool!

07FJRog

I was thinking the same thing. Most people have to work on Mondays. Still better than running during the day though.
for who?????

CRAIG_HALL

Oh no.. Poppy has her own account now.. Wait & see how many times Lee posts under her account.. Ha.ha

I'd think too many people (fans) would miss the first half of the racing if done on friday night. Fans may like sunday night more but not the traveling racers. Either way it will be good.

450grl

Oh wow.....we race in the afternoon? Do all racers still have to stay until after the races on Sunday? And....is practice/qualifying still on Friday, or has move-in/etc been moved to Saturday morning? Just trying to figure out what days I have to request off of work......

forktom

thank god!

GRANT@FUNCO

Oh wow.....we race in the afternoon? Do all racers still have to stay until after the races on Sunday? And....is practice/qualifying still on Friday, or has move-in/etc been moved to Saturday morning? Just trying to figure out what days I have to request off of work......
No kidding, I don't know how you "ZONIES" are doing it . To bad your not collecting frequent driver miles .

rockpiledriver

Woohoo...

Thanks Lucas Oil for giving us a break from the heat. :D I am really looking forward to this event.

SEANY

This will be really cool!!! literally :) I was running out of gas by saturday afternoon, it was just to hot.

The only thing that will suck is I have to work monday, it takes us like 3 hours to load up all of our stuff. So this will be tough but worth it.

dansparts

For the night races at "Lake Smell-some-more" bring bug spray for the mosquitos and for the classes that start befor the sun goes down (all classes but pro)...bring or buy a tinted shield for your helmets. That sun in your eyes sucks.:D

450grl

No kidding, I don't know how you "ZONIES" are doing it . To bad your not collecting frequent driver miles .
We will be at Perris next weekend, too - I told Jason we just need to move to Cali - all this driving really sucks! ;)

BTW - the night race thing is bada$$!!!! THANK YOU LOORRS!!! I think it's a necessity in the middle of summer!

CMI CHUCK

I never thought I would be bringing the boat to the races. Wake boarding in the morning, Racing in the evening!

JoeyD23

Pumped for the next round!!!!!

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl

I think moving to an evening/night schedule is the best move. I assume Saturday night will rock and Sunday could be light. But CORR and TORC have both proved Friday night racing does not draw fans (Tx twice on friday sucked and Perris on Friday was light). So no harm in trying something different and see how it goes. Definately will be difficult for those out of towners (my team) who have to work monday or lose that income, but what do you do.
Since short course was in shambles in february which resulted in a late start, and they were trying hard not to schedule over TORC, and the major desert races, this is what we have to work with this year.
I do think the fans as well as racers will be treated to a great evening of racing with the truck classes scheduled one after the other, should be exciting. So that is a move I fully support, plus the racing and the trucks look killer under the lights.
Rob