• Forum membership has its advantages....

Lucas Oil Partners With Crandon, Bark River and ERX To Form New Short Course OffRoad Racing Platform

Joxracing

I had a lengthy conversation with a stock full guy from out west last year during fall crandon, and he was more than game to come out and said he was going to try to make it this year. I have seem to forgotten his name, but I pointed him into the direction of our class rep to chat with him. Not sure if he did so or not.

DaGuy

Do we know if Shawn Morris is racing this year, and I heard a rumor that Hord is running pro-2?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

acers

Do we know if Shawn Morris is racing this year, and I heard a rumor that Hord is running pro-2?

Morris was switching to pro2 do not know if he went through with it . Lucas is sponsoring Hord so I would think he is still pro4

acers

Hord is only running pro2, Hope some west coast pro4s show up or there will only be 3

Pro4orNothing

Johnny, CJ, Carlson, and Hoek are for sure's in Pro4. Travis Dinsmore announced he was going Pro4, but haven't seen much out of him on social media since then. So, barring any West Coast guys showing up or any of the former Limited 4 guys entering, we're looking at 5 Pro4's.

Pro2 is going to be the show this year - Keegan, Hord, Carlson, Vanden Heuvel, and Pentico should be fun to watch at the front and some of the Ex-Super Truck guys could mix it up too. Maybe 12 or more for the weekend?

Pro Lite sounded like it will be a similar truck count to last year with most of the same faces. Cory Winner is doing the full midwest season and Cole Mamer is racing in Crandon this weekend before going to Wheatland.

Hopefully next year or 2020 brings about a single national series and it's no longer a question of who is and isn't showing up!

DaGuy

Thanks for the input guys!!
I’m on my way up to Crandon right now, I can confirm things once I get there!

DaGuy

Sounds like no practice today due to the rain (unofficial).

dbq61537

Not trying to start anything but...

With Wheatland being next week...do you think it might have hurt, or helped the truck/utv count?

Also...anyone else hoping that MavTV, will show Crandon Live! I know wishful thinking, but we can alway hope.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

Pro4orNothing

I honestly don't think Wheatland impacted the vehicle count in Crandon at all. West Coast guys typically haven't shown up at the Spring run and the "merger" happening so late in the game when everyone's budgets are pretty much set doesn't help it.

Pro4 and Pro Lite were about what I expected; Greaves and Kleiman families dominating in their respective classes. These two classes should benefit the most from one unified series. Hopefully Travis Dinsmore is able to get his Pro4 back together for the remaining rounds after his wreck in the Cup race.

Pro2 - Wow. I figured it would be a show, but there was quite a bit of good racing from top to bottom of the field. I get that Keegan has a new truck to work the bugs out, but once him and Carlson were in the back of the field, they had to scrape and claw to get what spots they could at the finish. If that's how this class will be all season, it's going to be fun to watch.

Full respect to the Sportsman for continuing to serve as the backbone of the midwest; plenty of great racing and for guys like the Formula 4x4 and Classix who were first out both days running on a muddy track deserve props for running despite the track conditions they were dealt thanks to Mother Nature.

havahockey

Flipper
Overall I think the weekend should be considered a success, the weather was ridiculous all weekend but Lucas and Crandon did a great job of giving the racers a track to race on with what they had on Saturday and Sunday as the day went on the track got better and better. I heard a few complaints from racers about too many full course cautions. Lucas is used to throwing the full course on the smaller tracks in the west and i'm sure there could be less in the midwest tracks but they will always lean towards the side of safety. I don't think that will go away so the racers will need to learn to adapt.

I think as whole the TV production was good as well, they gave a ton of love to the Sportsman guys and with talking with them they want to keep pushing the sportsman guys more and more. They know they are the back bone of the sport. I also thought Jim Beaver did a great job helping out with the color commentary.

acers

I thought sportsman was good racing and hats off for racing in the mud. Pro lite was excellent even with low truck count. Nice to see alot of pro buggy . Now pro4 is going to be the greaves show again ,thats getting old. pro2 was good but thought it would be better. No lovell, or johnson and would rather see kincaid and hord in pro4. Its still a blast going to crandon but it shows that there needs to be one series for the pros. Also very small crowd, but weather was bad

stephenrjking

What were the pro truck counts? I'm having trouble locating the race results. Thinking of making the trip to ERX and I'm interested to see what we're going to get.

FWIW the weather in northern Wisconsin was abominable all over this weekend, with the region including Ashland, Superior, and the areas south severely damaged by flooding. Not sure how catastrophic it was out east.