Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Racing Series

Perfect Race

We tried the stock/bolt on class at Lucas and it didn't work, very few entries. We will see if we have any interest with the 1000cc stuff coming out. I am working on the age thing with insurance. We would have to see them run and approve them if we are able to do the younger kids. There were two bad accidents last year with beginners not holding there line and clipping cars passing them at a much faster speed, nobody wants that.

UTVUGRUSTY

We tried the stock/bolt on class at Lucas and it didn't work, very few entries. We will see if we have any interest with the 1000cc stuff coming out. I am working on the age thing with insurance. We would have to see them run and approve them if we are able to do the younger kids. There were two bad accidents last year with beginners not holding there line and clipping cars passing them at a much faster speed, nobody wants that.
I think the stock bolt on thing at the Lucas Oil big race level will not work because of the cost of entry fee's and travel. But at a regional level it allows people to bring out there play toys and race with friends and other competitors. And the hope would be that a couple of them get the bug and start building their cars up so they can move up to the next level. We need to see more people interested in racing the Pro Mod UTV class before it just dies.

As far as the kids go. Maybe break up the J1 clas into two age groups. At all the regional races I went to there was plenty of time left to add a class. This will allow the younger brother/sister race the same car they already have prepped. I think this get the passion in the younger crowd and also help the parents make the decision to move the older kid into the next class. These are just some thoughts. And I might be pushing the issue because my son is almost 6.

Rusty Baptist
TKUnderground.com

ProLite13

Rusty I think you have some valid points. The insurance part is out of my box so I don't have an answer there.

However, the 6 year old age is something that I have paid attention to. I started both of my kids driving the TKs at 6 and we had a 6 year old racing with us at the ASCC events last season.

My take is this, most 6 year olds are not ready right out of the box but with some careful guidance and training I think it can happen.

With the regional series available for racing the training would need to be done before that. We have some older kids out here in AZ that are doing just that. Helping the newbies get a jump start.

I grew up racing BMX. As a kid I would sign up for the clinics that were offered by some of the older experts and sometimes pros. I benefited from those clinics greatly and as I became a top national expert rider and eventually pro I held those clinics myself at the local tracks helping the young ins because I saw so much value in them.

IMO this is what needs to happen before race day. I know that if we put our heads together it can happen.

My Kids are attending a Scotty Steele clinic next Saturday at a local MX track. Even though my son has track and racing experience, my daughter is the newbie and desperately needs the seat time.

For some reason they don't want to listen to DAD lol...They seem much more receptive to the older kids that are doing what they do with their TKs.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

DAN-O:cool:

UTVUGRUSTY

I agree with all that. I am going to put my kid into a TK and let him run it at the desert. He currently is riding a APEX 90cc mod and doing well on it. I opened the throttle all the way up because I saw him riding all full throttle all the time on his old 50. So my thought was open the throttle and teach him to respect the power and use it when needed. He does very well.

Supertoys-Adventures

Sorry if I missed it. Does anybody know where to get the rules. I'm setting this up in Central Oregon and want to make for an easy transition once Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series wants to include the Supertoys Adventures track and series. Haha! YES!!!!

Pro-Lite Brian

I can e-mail you the Mini-Stock Truck rules, or contact Lee Perfect or Ken Johnson @ Lucas. I'm sure Ken or Lee will get you all the information you would need to run an Lucas Oil Regional series in Oregon...

movindirt

Wham Spore
Randy, the class rules are to be the same in all Lucas Oil Regional series. Now entry I am not sure but imagine it would be close to the same if different at all..

Ziggy

Has the Lucas Oil series ever considered bringing back the "Sportsman" classes?

ProLite13

Has the Lucas Oil series ever considered bringing back the "Sportsman" classes?
The ASCC did and now...it's reincarnated as The Lucas Oil Regional Series' \m/ Here we grow.

Dirty*

New announcements coming soon!!

I can't think of any bigger announcement than the announcement that was made this week by Lucas Oil regarding ASCC's upcoming 2011 season "......Even bigger news is the possible allotment of 2011 TV coverage. Produced by MDR Entertainment LLC., Lucas Oil has approved a total of 8 hours of coverage for the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series - ASCC to be aired on the MAV TV Network. The shows will feature a look behind the scenes, featuring the racing action as well as the racers, teams, and families that are involved at the regional level."

Dirty*

That was one of the big announcements. The Arizona Regional is moving along!!! The news was posted in another thread already. Thanks