• Forum membership has its advantages....

Lucas oil series

acers

Thank you to all the west coast teams that raced crandon this weekend.Put on one hell of a show!!!!!!!!

putorkdforbaskat

I want to ask you guys this... Do you think we are "close" to have an Electric class in one of the Short Course Truck series? I mean... talking about a SuperLite Truck... I dont think it is IMPOSSIBLE to race them with Electric Engines and Batteries. TBH, I'd like to see this.
I luv the V8s but Im not against a SuperLites or a KartCross class with Electric machines...

acers

I want to ask you guys this... Do you think we are "close" to have an Electric class in one of the Short Course Truck series? I mean... talking about a SuperLite Truck... I dont think it is IMPOSSIBLE to race them with Electric Engines and Batteries. TBH, I'd like to see this.
I luv the V8s but Im not against a SuperLites or a KartCross class with Electric machines...
I could see it someday but it would be to quite for me. I love the sound of the trucks

dbq61537

Interesting question you pose...

Are we close? Yes. Are we closer then we think? Most likely!

For Desert racing, we’re still a decade away but..Short Course is a different story. With the current technology...we might be able to within the next year, or two. Biggest problem is protecting the batteries from the rough ground and rocks.

The weight would be the next hurdle...Electric vehicles are a little heavier then that, of their fuel cousins. The perfect balance on the suspension will be paramount for the class to have a competitive car.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app